PRINCE - from the vault

Great news after last years brilliant Piano and a Microphone.

Prince - Originals.   14 tracks never released before, and on black vinyl!!    June 7th.

Prince was a monumentally prolific artist. By the mid-1980s, in addition to releasing nine of his most commercially successful albums, he also wrote and recorded many dozens of songs for proteges The Time, Vanity 6, Sheila E., Apollonia 6, Jill Jones, the Family, and Mazarati, and countless unreleased tracks. Often, Prince’s original demo recordings would be used as master takes on their albums, with only minor alterations to the instrumentation and a replacement of the vocal tracks. Other times, artists would rely on his demos to guide them through their own recording process, with Prince’s initial take informing their final version of his song.   “Originals” reveals the origins of these songs.

https://www.prince.com/article/prince-originals

Song Title First Released by (Artist: Album – year) Year of Prince’s Recording Included on Originals
1. Sex Shooter Apollonia 6: Apollonia 6 – 1984 1983
2. Jungle Love The Time: Ice Cream Castle – 1984 1983
3. Manic Monday The Bangles: Different Light – 1985 1984
4. Noon Rendezvous Sheila E.: The Glamorous Life – 1984 1984
5. Make-Up Vanity 6: Vanity 6 – 1982 1981
6. 100 MPH Mazarati: Mazarati – 1986 1984
7. You’re My Love Kenny Rogers: They Don’t Make Them Like They Used To – 1986 1982
8. Holly Rock Sheila E.: Krush Groove (OST) – 1985 1985
9. Baby, You’re a Trip Jill Jones: Jill Jones – 1987 1982
10. The Glamorous Life Sheila E.: The Glamorous Life – 1984 1983
11. Gigolos Get Lonely Too The Time: What Time Is It? – 1982 1982
12. Love… Thy Will Be Done Martika: Martika’s Kitchen – 1991 1991
13. Dear Michaelangelo Sheila E.: Romance 1600 – 1985 1985
14. Wouldn’t You Love to Love Me? Taja Sevelle: Taja Sevelle – 1987 1981
15. Nothing Compares 2 U The Family: The Family – 1985 1984

image1.png?w=462&h=462

• Like 2

Although I never admitted to being a Prince fan back in the day there was never any denying that he was a great performer and songwriter. His range of music was huge too. My personal favourite album being N.E.W.S. a fabulous instrumental blend of jazz, funk and rock that belied his pop-star sexy dude image.

This release looks interesting from the angle of how his versions of these pop hits differed from the main releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimmie said:

Although I never admitted to being a Prince fan back in the day there was never any denying that he was a great performer and songwriter. His range of music was huge too. My personal favourite album being N.E.W.S. a fabulous instrumental blend of jazz, funk and rock that belied his pop-star sexy dude image.

This release looks interesting from the angle of how his versions of these pop hits differed from the main releases.

Can't wait til N.E.W.S is released on vinyl.   not sure when thou.

even the CD goes for pretty penny these days. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Coming in September!!     Emancipation 6LP, Chaos and Disorder, Versace Experience Prelude

Finally on vinyl!!   awesome news

I really liked this album, I'd hate to think how much it will cost locally, I reckon around $250

Emancipation is like Sandinista, a great album dismissed or at least not recognised as a masterpiece at the time by critics at the time because it was too big to grapple with.

Prince was hot, as in, that bit in the centre of the blowtorch where it's so intense you can't see the flame.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2019 at 3:04 AM, metal beat said:

Coming in September!!     Emancipation 6LP, Chaos and Disorder, Versace Experience Prelude

Finally on vinyl!!   awesome news

And it's officially coming - Sept 13th.  Can't wait ?

https://store.prince.com/dept/legacy-reissues?cp=103229_104317&src=MSGR504186&utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_504186

Press release:

The Prince Estate and Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, are pleased to announce the next round of physical titles set for release as part of the ongoing and definitive Prince catalog project.

On September 13, 2019, three albums from the mid-1990s will be reissued on CD and vinyl: Chaos and Disorder, Emancipation, and the mixtape The Versace Experience (Prelude 2 Gold), which will be widely released for the first time ever.

The Versace Experience was created to foreshadow Prince’s first album credited to his symbol, The Gold Experience, and was distributed as a cassette-only mixtape to attendees at Paris Fashion Week in June 1995. 

Chaos and Disorder was Prince's final studio album for Warner Bros. Records, and was released amidst a public battle between the Artist and his label. The album serves as a vivid time capsule of that tumultuous era, and proof of just how quickly he could transmit his ideas to tape. 
The three-album, 36-track Emancipation was Prince's first post-Warner Bros. release, and was distributed in a unique partnership between EMI and his new independent label, NPG Records. Some of the tracks on Emancipation dealt directly with his opinions about the industry, while others reflected on his tender feelings toward his new wife, Mayte Garcia.

These new reissues are the first time that The Versace Experience will have a wider release, and will be the first time that all three albums — The Versace Experience, Chaos and Disorder, and Emancipation — will be available on vinyl.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Emancipation vinyl track listing:

Emancipation LP 1
1. Jam of the Year
2. Right Back Here In My Arms
3. Somebody's Somebody
4. Get Yo Groove On
5. Courtin' Time
6. Betcha By Golly Wow!

Emancipation LP 2
1. We Gets Up
2. White Mansion
3. Damned If Eye Do
4. Eye Can't Make U Love Me
5. Mr. Happy
6. In This Bed Eye Scream

Emancipation LP 3
1. Sex In the Summer
2. One Kiss at a Time
3. Soul Sanctuary
4. Emale
5. Curious Child
6. Dreamin' About U

Emancipation LP 4
1. Joint 2 Joint
2. The Holy River
3. Let's Have a Baby
4. Saviour
5. The Plan
6. Friend, Lover, Sister, Mother/Wife

Emancipation LP 5
1. Slave
2. New World
3. The Human Body
4. Face Down
5. La, La, La Means I Love You
6. Style

Emancipation LP 6
1. Sleep Around
2. Da, Da, Da
3. My Computer
4. One of Us
5. The Love We Make
6. Emancipation

• Like 2

Hi All

3 hours ago, metal beat said:

And it's officially coming - Sept 13th.  Can't wait ?

https://store.prince.com/dept/legacy-reissues?cp=103229_104317&src=MSGR504186&utm_source=mtemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mtemail_504186

Press release:

The Prince Estate and Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, are pleased to announce the next round of physical titles set for release as part of the ongoing and definitive Prince catalog project.

On September 13, 2019, three albums from the mid-1990s will be reissued on CD and vinyl: Chaos and Disorder, Emancipation, and the mixtape The Versace Experience (Prelude 2 Gold), which will be widely released for the first time ever.

The Versace Experience was created to foreshadow Prince’s first album credited to his symbol, The Gold Experience, and was distributed as a cassette-only mixtape to attendees at Paris Fashion Week in June 1995. 

Chaos and Disorder was Prince's final studio album for Warner Bros. Records, and was released amidst a public battle between the Artist and his label. The album serves as a vivid time capsule of that tumultuous era, and proof of just how quickly he could transmit his ideas to tape. 
The three-album, 36-track Emancipation was Prince's first post-Warner Bros. release, and was distributed in a unique partnership between EMI and his new independent label, NPG Records. Some of the tracks on Emancipation dealt directly with his opinions about the industry, while others reflected on his tender feelings toward his new wife, Mayte Garcia.

These new reissues are the first time that The Versace Experience will have a wider release, and will be the first time that all three albums — The Versace Experience, Chaos and Disorder, and Emancipation — will be available on vinyl.

You're going make me bankrupt ?

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

WOW - 10LP box set of Prince 1999.    now that's gonna be expensive - over $350 at the moment for the vinyl.

https://www.prince.com/article/1999

On November 15, Warner Brothers Music will return to 1999 with a Super Deluxe package that will be reissued on 5CD/1DVD and 10LP/1DVD box sets. Both sets will feature new remastering for the classic album, as well as deliver a collection of vault tracks, promo mixes and B-sides, and a previously unreleased live performance set from a Detroit show on November 30, 1982. The DVD will provide video for his previously unreleased live set at The Summit in Houston, TX on December 29, 1982. The boxes are rounded out with a stuffed booklet of new liner notes, detailed Vault Tracks notes, rare photos, and copies of the lyrics in handwritten form.

Warner Brothers Records will also release 4LP and 2CD versions of 1999 that include the original album, and the promo mixes and B-sides, all with 2019 remaster, and 1CD and 2LP for the original album only.

1999 (Super Deluxe Box – 5CD/1DVD; 10LP/1DVD) – Prince

CD1/LP1&2 (Original Album with 2019 Remaster)
01 1999
02 Little Red Corvette
03 Delirious
04 Let’s Pretend We’re Married
05 D.M.S.R.
06 Automatic
07 Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
08 Free
09 Lady Cab Driver
10 All The Critics Love U In New York
11 International Lover

CD2/LP3&4 (Promo Mixes and B-sides, 2019 Remaster)
01 1999 (7″ Stereo Edit)
02 1999 (7″ Mono Promo-Only Edit)
03 Free (Promo Only Edit
04 How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore
05 Little Red Corvette (7″ Edit)
06 All The Critics Love U In New York (7″ Edit)
07 Lady Cab Driver (7″ Edit)
08 Little Red Corvette (Dance Remix Promo Only Edit)
09 Little Red Corvette (Special Dance Mix)
10 Delirious (7″ Edit)
11 Horny Toad
12 Automatic (7″ Edit)
13 Automatic (Video Version)
14 Let’s Pretend We’re Married (7″ Edit)
15 Let’s Pretend We’re Married (7″ Mono Promo Only Edit)
16 Irresistible *****
17 Let’s Pretend We’re Married (Video Version)
18 D.M.S.R. (Edit)

CD3/LP5&6 (Vault Tracks Pt 1, recorded between November 1981 and April 1982)
01 Feel U Up
02 Irresistible *****
03 Money Don’t Grow On Trees
04 Va.gina
05 Rearrange
06 Bold Generation
07 Colleen
08 International Lover (Take 1) [Live In Studio]
09 Turn It Up
10 You’re All I Want
11 Something In The Water (Does Not Compute)
12 If It’ll Make U Happy
13 How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore? (Take 2)

CD4/LP7&8 (Vault Tracks Pt 2, recorded between April 1982 and January 1983)
01 Possessed (1982 Version)
02 Delirious (Full Length)
03 Purple Music
04 Yah, You Know
05 Moonbeam Levels (2019 Remaster)
06 No Call U
07 Can’t Stop This Feeling I Got
08 Do Yourself A Favor
09 Don’t Let Him Fool Ya
10 Teacher, Teacher
11 Lady Cab Driver / I Wanna Be Your Lover / Little Red Corvette (Tour Demo)

CD5/LP9&10 (Live In Detroit at Masonic Temple Theater, Masonic Hall (Late Show) – November 30, 1982, Previously Unreleased)
01 Controversy
02 Let’s Work
03 Little Red Corvette
04 Do Me, Baby
05 Head
06 Uptown
07 Lisa’s Keyboard Interlude
08 How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore?
09 Automatic
10 International Lover
11 1999
12 D.M.S.R.

DVD (Live at The Summit, Houston, TX, – December 29, 1982, Previously Unreleased)
01 Controversy
02 Let’s Work
03 Do Me, Baby
04 D.M.S.R.
05 Keyboard Interlude
06 Piano Improvisation
07 How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore?
08 Lady Cab Driver
09 Automatic
10 International Lover
11 1999
12 Head

81I86mZD8HL._SL1200_.jpg

Edited by metal beat

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the new 1999 set - just cannot decide yet between the Vinyl/CD or CD only sets - might wait to hear what the vinyl pressings are like. If they are only digital pressed to vinyl might I might just stick with the CD versions. 

That Emancipation boxed set looks beautiful though ?

Yes forever broke and eating noodles forever at this rate - hehe.

Peace & Be Wild 

Sue ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Looking forward to the new 1999 set - just cannot decide yet between the Vinyl/CD or CD only sets - might wait to hear what the vinyl pressings are like. If they are only digital pressed to vinyl might I might just stick with the CD versions. 

That Emancipation boxed set looks beautiful though ?

Yes forever broke and eating noodles forever at this rate - hehe.

Peace & Be Wild 

Sue ?

yes, likewise Sue.   It's the 10LP box set for me.    It's damn expensive thou.

All the pressings so far have been excellent.  Since this release is being done by Warners, it will probably be pressed @ Optimal in Germany like Piano and Originals have been.

and the Emancipation box vinyl box set is incredible and a LOT better sounding than the cd.

16 minutes ago, metal beat said:

yes, likewise Sue.   It's the 10LP box set for me.    It's damn expensive thou.

All the pressings so far have been excellent.  Since this release is being done by Warners, it will probably be pressed @ Optimal in Germany like Piano and Originals have been.

and the Emancipation box vinyl box set is incredible and a LOT better sounding than the cd.

I have only just got a turntable the last two weeks so playing catch up on the vinyl now - as I have all the CDs etc - picked up Planet Earth & 3121 Vinyl today - so shall check them out soon (just wet cleaned them waiting for them to dry) - the other vinyls I have brought have been the originals so far (Purple Rain 1984 from US etc) - but plenty to still collect. I am also a big Madonna fan, so this is going to keep me forever broke - LOL.

I would like the Emancipation set - such an excellent album - (in fact I love all his albums to be honest - except for Batman - not so much that one) - but maybe I would on vinyl? It does make a difference I think.

I picked up the re-issue of SOTT and I could not believe how much more richer and more detail Adore had to the CD version !! I played them back to back and was totally shocked. 

Now I am thinking I wont like my CD collection near as much !! hahahaha

Peace & B Wild xxx

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dolphy said:

Where did you get it from and how much was it? Between Prince and Dire Straits re-issued, I'm forever broke! 

tell me about it.  vinyl is more expensive than crack :tongue:

amazon usa.  expensive, but cheaper than it currently is .  If you can wait, it will go down just like Emancipation did.   you just need to check every 2nd day.

btw, if you don't have Emancipation, its very cheap atm @ US $59