Sign in to follow this  
SPR08Y

For my gal!

Been faffing around for awhile now with some speakers I bought here on Stereonet for my daughter. They were ‘Mod Cubes’ by Hermann that I purchased from Steve @Alpine Electrocats. (If anyone has more info on provenance of these I’d be interested!) I’ve sprayed the cabinets satin white, sprayed the grills, made up some terminal plates and put on new terminals and laser cuts some badges that I felt suited the ‘Mod Cube’ aesthetic! I have just finished some stands out of Tassie Oak and added a MDF spacer that I glued to the base of each speaker so that they can’t slide off the stands. (Two square pieces of 10mm MDF painted black) Will bring home from work this weekend and hook up to her Sansui Au-101. Will play from her phone.....

Sorry about that! No doubt Spotify! The thing that should be good is when her violin teacher records a piece for her to play along with, which she normally plays from her phone. Hopefully this should be better and work well! We shall see! 

Will take a few piccies when set up in her room. In the meantime these are the speakers! (Still in the workshop) 

878E25B2-DD29-404C-A6C9-3C17999073DC.thumb.jpeg.f1a8a344145f2ad744f949b69d332564.jpeg1F4C192D-A9BC-485F-86FA-CCF09EFE8CAE.thumb.jpeg.8f365ff7683b4f0b2456d3515730e25c.jpeg2133CC6C-A9FC-48DD-A1C7-413CF1D1E5F4.thumb.jpeg.35f37919631ead11fbeec86e3073ba5b.jpeg

Cheers, Michael 

Awesome work - lucky daughter !!!

Very nice. 

Yes, absolutely lovely work, well done !

Thanks all! Does make it easy having a decent workshop at my disposal. Loved the Festool Domino machine for the joints on the stands, easy peasy! 

027FBE12-51F8-40C8-AFED-E8FA25BAA143.thumb.jpeg.01ae8ded39dff65d68e885d73363f3fa.jpeg

Ta da! Now setup in her room! She’s pretending to study...

Sounds just fine! 

Nice......cool looking speakers for the daughter. Lucky her!

Are you running a Sansui for the amplification?

Yup. A Sansui au-101, sweet little thing! Daughter also, at times...