Sign in to follow this  
Sing

Choosing between some Amps! Advice appreciated!

Hi all

I've got an opportunity to upgrade my system which currently as follows:

Dali Concept 6 floor speakers

Dali SWA 12 Subwoofer

Audio Gd NFB 2.32 DAC

Yamaha A-S201 Integrated Amp

Music is usually fed via Toslink connection to the DAC from Spotify (Premium high quality)

I was thinking of spending Sub 1000 on a new amp, and am deciding between the following

Yamaha AS701

Marantz PM6006

Rotel RA 630 (i understand this to be a stripped down A12?)

Overall all 3 seem fairly well reviewed, but I'm wondering if there are other options to consider, especially since I don't need the bells and whistles of a good inbuilt DAC/bluetooth/etc.

Thanks!

Regards

Sing

Hi, 

those DACs inside amps are usually not really good. 

It's better to use usb connection for the DAC. 

If you like yamaha natural sound than AS 1100 or the older AS 1000 is a better choice. 

With Marantz I would try to get PM8005. 

Exposure 2010 is worth a try. 

Those upgrades that you are planning will not give you enough improvement to be worth spending $1000. It's better to save $2000 or buy second hand. 

Like always audition is a good idea, you can take your speakers to the shop or maybe the shop will let you borrow an amp for a day. 

7 hours ago, Irek said:

Those upgrades that you are planning will not give you enough improvement to be worth spending $1000. It's better to save $2000 or buy second hand. 

I second this. IMO,  you are not going to see huge SQ improvement by buying new amp @1k brand new.  On the second hand market however,  there are very sweet offers sometimes @1.5-2k

I also second advice to try exposure 2010 if you can find it. I have its older brother (3010s) and for the money it was one of the best sounding amp on the market at the time. 

Edited by Islander77

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)