Phono stage suggestions for Rega P6

I’m about to pull the trigger on a Rega Planar 6 TT with a Ortofon 2M black cart.

Can you recommend a phono stage that will do the above justice?

What are the Rega Fono units like?

Cheers

Graham Slee Reflex or Accession is my recommendation.

I use an Accession and have also used the Reflex with my Rega RP8 and 2M Black. Make sure you shim the arm 2-4mm. My preference is for 2mm. I ran the table for two years without the shims and once I installed them I wished I had not waited so long.

I would also be interested in the project valve preamps but most likely a sideways step for me :)

• Like 4

PS Audio GCPH used will be around $500 to $600. But I think valab is better... I have used both and sold the ps audio after I got the valab. I used to have RP6 with 2M black too however both phono was used with P9 and if they are good with P9, it should great with RP6 imo.

• Like 1

Search on eBay, only one seller from Taiwan, his name is Kevin. A number of us have bought the mk1 from h8m in the past and he has d9ne a custom setting for us which make it more useful for different carts. Send him a message and see what he can do.
I don't if much difference between mk1 and 2 but may be he can work something out with you good luck.

Who sells the Valab?
  • Like 1