FS: Relist: Musical Fidelity A5CR power amp

Item:  Musical Fidelity A5CR power amp. Price reduced
Price: $2100 (incl transport to mainland Australia).
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, direct bank deposit Only
Extra Info: 

I purchased this amplifier from LWA middle of last year to experience the big watts on offer but find I prefer the sound and tonality of valves in my setup.

This amp is well reviewed and regarded and drives awkward speaker loads without breaking a sweat. I will pack in the non original double boxes and packing as sent to me from the original seller. 

A bonus is the size and weight to easily fit into normal stereo rack.

Happy to demo at my home or can bring to local buyers to listen to in their system as it usually gives a more accurate idea of the sonic fit.

Specifications:

Output : Power 255 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (24dBW), 416 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms

Voltage, RMS : 45.2 Volts  20Hz to 20kHz
Voltage, Peak-to-peak : 118.8 Volts
Current peak-to-peak Damping factor : 200 Amps
Output devices per channel : 8

Total harmonic distortion + noise: < 0.01% 20Hz to 20kHz
Signal / noise ratio: < 109dB ‘A’-weighted
Input sensitivity for 255 Watts into 8 Ohms Input impedance: 1.5V
Channel separation: > 90dB typical
Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz, +0, -1.5 dB

Inputs: (A) 1 pair line level RCA connectors (B) 1 pair line level RCA connectors
Outputs: 2 amplifier channels via 2 pairs per channel binding posts + 1 pair RCA loop output sockets
Weight: 19.1kgs
Dimensions: 440x 125 x 400mm

Any questions please PM.

Pictures and specs from original advertiser (even the price sticker is still there) and presents as new.

Thanks for looking.

SN_Muisical_Fidelity_A5.png.e13407657952a15ef7630aaa5a0862e1.png

849057154_SN_Muisical_Fidelity_A5(2).png.da9448d59c0a658ee7fd6ae4ba0ffccb.png

Guest deanB

Have seen and heard the MF in @jakestar system.

Unit is in excellent condition and sounded particularly delicious with the Audio Physic floorstanders. 

Edited by deanB

I have received a few inquiries if this is the same amp sold by LWA in February for $995.

The answer is NO.

I purchased the amp from LWA in middle of last year for a little under the asking price of $2500. I'm more than happy for you to contact Len at LWA to verify.

I will say I was pretty upset when I saw the price in February and sent email to LWA expressing my grief. The apologetic response was that the listed price should have been for a MF CD player but as listed at the price they wouldn't renege on the deal in hand (understandable).

So if LWA will kick in $1000 I'd be happy to pass it to a new owner for $995. (Buyer pays transport).

I'm a stereo entusthiast like everyone on this site but I am not a charity nor attempting to profit from this post. As most others I'm just trying to recover some of my costs and enable others to enjoy a great amplifier.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jakestar said:

I have received a few inquiries if this is the same amp sold by LWA in February for $995.

The answer is NO.

I purchased the amp from LWA in middle of last year for a little under the asking price of $2500. I'm more than happy for you to contact Len at LWA to verify.

I will say I was pretty upset when I saw the price in February and sent email to LWA expressing my grief. The apologetic response was that the listed price should have been for a MF CD player but as listed at the price they wouldn't renege on the deal in hand (understandable).

So if LWA will kick in $1000 I'd be happy to pass it to a new owner for $995. (Buyer pays transport).

I'm a stereo entusthiast like everyone on this site but I am not a charity nor attempting to profit from this post. As most others I'm just trying to recover some of my costs and enable others to enjoy a great amplifier.

Can confirm. I bought the MF amp from LWA for the $995 offer. 

• Like 2