Vicoustic Wavewood Panels

I’m looking to get some of these. Does anyone here use them?

I’m wondering if they are thick enough?

I’m thinking of putting two strips on the back wall opposite the speakers, which is 10m away. I can’t put them at the first sidewall reflection points. 

Would i I be better off getting a portable stand for the first reflection points?

https://www.audiotrends.com.au/vicoustic-wavewood-white.html?utm_source=google_shopping&m=simple&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4-XlBRDuARIsAK96p3BJvXQMukbKCP1A0XNBK47UEANGheYu0pXsTrhwg5G061RlqaWWrC4aAqv1EALw_wcB

I have used them .Going on the information you have given aesthetically they will look great and may have some affect if your back wall has a problem of boom base or producing null spots at the listening chair.Depending on the width of your room first reflection points are important to stop the time delayed  sound from smudging the direct sound .Enjoy

Stump

• Like 1

Thanks @Stump and @timelord9 .

There is a bit of echo that I want to get rid of but other than that I just want it to generally improve the sound.

I have a couple of bass traps in use, I don’t think the room is very boomy. 

I’ll take a couple of pics tonight. 

Edited by Mike13

1 hour ago, timelord9 said:

That's a big room. What are you trying to achieve?

Could you post a pic or a drawing of the dimensions of the room?

Excuse the mess! The windows are a no curtains/blinds allowed area. 

2EEFCAFC-3751-48BE-889D-13C7C0723013.jpeg

5DAF6EC0-ACB8-485C-86E2-6DC63E3B6DAA.jpeg

1C70524E-6331-4A13-9B26-3E524EDE3909.jpeg

7E0BA620-FD35-460F-B997-6F01010C147D.jpeg

• Like 1

Given we all deal with the rooms we have! You have many hard surfaces and reflection points I would get a professional to  do a  room calibration then direct treatments where needed otherwise you will be chasing your tail without knowing the full potential you equipment can produce.

Stump

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stump said:

I would get a professional to  do a  room calibration then direct treatments where needed

Stump

I did get someone in last year but could potentially try again.  They basically said to put absorbers and bass traps everywhere you can see, including the kitchen!  WAF is tricky. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Put a blanket over the TV and the glass coffee table and let us know if that improves the sound to start with

Thanks metal. I’ll try. 

My biggest finding was actually standing in front of the coffee table. Sounds great there ?

That’s probably two steps forward into an equilateral triangle, very close. Normal recommendations are half a step back. 

On 25/04/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mike13 said:

They basically said to put absorbers and bass traps everywhere you can see, including the kitchen!  WAF is tricky. 

So the answer to your problem is Big Ugly Bass traps ?  Before you go down the trail of spending money on Wavewood Panels etc I would recommend finding a local member who has made up some 2400x1200 Polymax XHD  acoustic panels.If you are able to borrow 4-6 panels over a weekend and place them around your room you will hear a dramatic change in your room acoustics. Polymax XHD is ridged enough to stand up on its own. Once you hear what can be achieved you could decide with your wife where to place them and cover with any colour material to blend in with the walls or ceiling and you will hardly notice them...

Stump

Excuse the mess! The windows are a no curtains/blinds allowed area. 
2EEFCAFC-3751-48BE-889D-13C7C0723013.thumb.jpeg.1b810b67c19a969c995302ea27e642a7.jpeg
5DAF6EC0-ACB8-485C-86E2-6DC63E3B6DAA.thumb.jpeg.2c3e3678559e507aae4c58b40a0777d7.jpeg
1C70524E-6331-4A13-9B26-3E524EDE3909.thumb.jpeg.5b3da2f6de311d53524269f1a143616d.jpeg
7E0BA620-FD35-460F-B997-6F01010C147D.thumb.jpeg.2f49a6ee8eac69e197ac2f3394b30c04.jpeg
Every room has bass issues, but some more than others. Looking at the pictures there is a fair change that yours isn't really bad, as there is a lot of open space and big leaky windows.

Doesn't mean you don't have them but it can mean you don't hear them, literally. Rooms produce peaks you hear, and nulls you don't hear, and only measurements will show the extend of trouble the room has.

Looking at the room and all the hard surfaces there is a fair chance the wavewood panels will be able to help. I would also use some absorbers.

To help the WAF there are some manufacturers that can print photos or art work on absorber panels.

There is also a factory (Melbourne based) Megasorber, which produces (printed) absorbers that go down into the lower midrange and higher bass range, called soundmesh. They are not cheap as they use a melamine foam, but their test results are impressive.

Just an observation Mike. The Vicoustic link you posted has no graphs of their panel's absorption qualities and Primare knob's link does. I find it quite lacks that a company sells acoustic panels without actually showing their customers what they're buying. 

So if it was me, I'd have a look at Megasorber and forget about Vicoustic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pim said:

Just an observation Mike. The Vicoustic link you posted has no graphs of their panel's absorption qualities and Primare knob's link does. I find it quite lacks that a company sells acoustic panels without actually showing their customers what they're buying. 

So if it was me, I'd have a look at Megasorber and forget about Vicoustic.

They do have a graph on their website.

wavewood.png.f7ce37b0e0b8645e90f435300e73a32c.png

• Like 1

On 26/04/2019 at 6:36 PM, Primare Knob said:

There is also a factory (Melbourne based) Megasorber, which produces (printed) absorbers that go down into the lower midrange and higher bass range, called soundmesh. They are not cheap as they use a melamine foam, but their test results are impressive.

Thanks PK. I’ll check these guys out. Will also re measure the room. 

• 6 months later...