Sign in to follow this  
Baldrick35

Stan smart TV app gone wonky

Hi folks, 

My Stan smart TV app - on a Sony, android TV - appears to have upgraded. This is not all bad (they fixed a couple of extremely annoying interface issues), but it's no longer pumping out a 5.1 soundtrack - I'm only getting stereo. 

Netflix is still happily playing surround sound, so it definitely appears to be specific to Stan. 

I've done some googling and really can't find any info about the upgrade - no one seems to be talking about it, not even Stan themselves! 

Has anyone heard of this? Or having the same problem? 

Thanks! 

Cam 

I'm new to Stan and can't get 5.1 to work on my Chromecast Ultra, only stereo. Netflix on the CCU outputs DD+ 5.1. The support pages on Stan's site says it should output 5.1 if that stream supports it.

I don't know if thats related, but I'm sure we both would like to get 5.1 working!

BTW have you uninstalled the App and reinstalled it? Can't do that on a CCU as there is not UI to do so.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hlov
      Item:  Intel PC Stick
      Price: 120 (Includes postage anywhere in Australia)
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD, Bank Transfer
      Extra Info:

Selling a Intel PC Stick, a mini computer that can be connected to a monitor or TV and be used for light activities like MS Office, Netflix, Foxtel, Spotify, Tidal and so on.

It has 4 Gb of RAM, 32 Gb of Storage, 2 Usb ports and a 32 GB microSD card, it's in perfect condition with all the original box and accessories.

Price include postage anywhere in Australia, pick up from Brookvale or Sydney CBD is also available.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By SHF Staff
      Item: Naim Audio ND5 XS
      Location: Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill Shop 7/19 Victoria Avenue Castle Hill, NSW
      Price: $1,700
      Item Condition: Some marks on screen and front bezel
      Reason for selling: trade in
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Cards
      Extra Info:
       The unit is fully operational with not a lot of hours, some marks and scratches
      Pictures:

• By SHF Staff
      Item: Naim Audio NDS Music Streamer plus CD555 PSU
      Location: Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill shop 7/19 Victoria Avenue Castle Hill, NSW
      Price: $15,890
      Item Condition: hardly used
      Reason for selling: trade in
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Cards
      Extra Info:
      The units are in excellent condition and have hardly been used, there is a slight mark towards the top right corner of the power supply as the picture indicates.
      Pictures:

• By JimmyB
      Hi guys,
      More stuff for sale as part my equipment downsizing, due to home theatre being converted into nursery
      This time, a Popcorn Hour C200 (Network Media Tank). Unit is in excellent condition, and all original packaging is included.
      Lotsa details here:
      http://www.cloudmedi...pcornhour/c-200
      The C200 has a 2.5 inch 500GB Seagate 5400RPM drive in it. Great for installing the Popcorn apps and chucking a few movies on. The C200 has the famously easy to load 3.5 inch drive bay which will make you use multi terabyte hard drives like glorified floppy disks. Good times! If you are really motivated you can put a blu-ray (BD-ROM) drive in it for optical disk playback.
      Has the latest firmware on the unit with the latest jukebox/indexing software on it (NMJv2), which is roughly equivalent to what is on the newer units. It's pretty slick and does a great job of building a nice jukebox interface out of your movie and TV collection.
      Asking for $240
      Pickup is strongly preferred, and is available from Melbourne CDB or inner city (Collingwood).
      Some pics!

• By Frankp01
      Item: Nvidia SHIELD TV GAMING EDITION Controller + Streaming Media Player
      Price: $160 plus postage
      Item Condition: Used: I am very careful with all my gear
      Reason for selling: Using other streaming options
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: 2017 model, 16gb, complete with adapter and in box.

Pictures: