Sign in to follow this  
Janus77

Updated budget end system, very happy.

Posted (edited)

Moving from a 2.1 setup (wharfdale 9.2 and Wharfdale sub) to using a set of original mk1 Paradigm 9se.

A quick listen turned into the entire evening, finished off with Dark Side of the Moon.  Closing my eyes it felt like i was in a large theatre and could place instruments and voices, thoroughly enjoyable and more musical than my previous 2.1 setup. 

I'm amazed at the performance these 30yr old speakers are able to put out, they're rated at 4-6 ohms 10-150w, the 40w Rotel did a fantastic job of driving them (not at huge volumes due to sleeping kids next door, but loud enough to enjoy).

Keen to get home for some more listening, i need to get some stands to lower them about 10-15cm.  otherwise this new setup is a definite step up.  The bass is so much more musical and full.

Edited by Janus77

1 hour ago, Janus77 said:

Moving from a 2.1 setup (wharfdale 9.2 and Wharfdale sub) to using a set of original mk1 Paradigm 9se.

A quick listen turned into the entire evening, finished off with Dark Side of the Moon.  Closing my eyes it felt like i was in a large theatre and could place instruments and voices, thoroughly enjoyable and more musical than my previous 2.1 setup. 

I'm amazed at the performance these 30yr old speakers are able to put out, they're rated at 4-6 ohms 10-150w, the 40w Rotel did a fantastic job of driving them (not at huge volumes due to sleeping kids next door, but loud enough to enjoy).

Keen to get home for some more listening, i need to get some stands to lower them about 10-15cm.  otherwise this new setup is a definite step up.  The bass is so much more musical and full.

Congratulations! How it sounds to your ears is all that matters - doesn't matter if it is the latest or the greatest or 30 year old speakers! Enjoy...

paradigm 9se is a good speaker, enjoy the music.

Enjoying an improved sound from your hifi is a very special moment, I hope you continue to enjoy it until your next upgrade.