Hello to all audiophiles.

Hello to all audiophiles.

I am on the other hand (not the moon), once dark, gray, because it is communist, and now from this bright side of the globe, from the EU, and more specifically from Poland. Since I am retired, I finally have time to renew my interest in music. Earlier, in my free time, I was interested in old equipment for work in the forest and garden. I have a small collection of chainsaws. Returning to the new, current hobby, I slowly become familiar with the available devices used to listen to music. I listened to various amplifiers, tuners, speakers and read forums about them. It is too much to see for yourself which devices are better and which are not worth being interested in. In the end, I came to the conclusion that it is best to focus on the hi fi devices known to me from the past. I found that the old, already worn out devices are the best for me. I already have a small collection. However, due to their age, from 30 to 50 years, some of them require resuscitation. And that's creaking potentiometers, and it does not play one channel and so on .... That's why I started to "rummage" through various forums in search of available information and service manuals. That's how I found myself among stereo.net regulars. Hello to all audiophiles from stereo.net.

Ok. 

These are my currently used "toys" and "blocks". I test and compare the sound of the older Sansui AU-317 with a slightly newer Sansui AU X417R (the ones at the top right). In my opinion, they do not sound worse than higher class amplifiers. AU-999 or AU-9900. Maybe I have wooden ears?!  :))

For comparison, I use loudspeakers SABA 1300 Professional (it's the ones in the middle of the set of speakers), which I was able to buy recently at a good price, as for Polish conditions. It's also old products from the 70s of the last century.

In Poland, the era of fashion for Sansui products has already begun .... It is a pity, because old products from this company are starting to reach quite high prices on allegro.pl (it's a Polish e-bay portal).

I am using a google translator so I can make mistakes.

Leon

DSCF0538.JPG

DSCF0539.JPG

Hello.  

As I wrote earlier and can be seen on the photo, I experiment a little with sound sources and transducers. I put blocks on top of each other.

Initially I was looking for a sound improvement in connecting new speakers to the set of the German company SABA. However, SABA speakers are not available. They get very rare.

I got some ARCUS speakers, however. I have a whole series of this old German company Arcus, from the days when it produced loudspeakers in West Berlin - the 60's / 70's, two- and three-way. In my opinion, the most popular are the Arcuses of the TM series, and it is especially worth to take interest from TM 30 to TM 100 and TM 68, 69 and above to TM 98, 99. I have never had the highest models in this series TM, TM 150 and TM 1000, or 1000 II. Because the available ones do not have fully functional transducers or have substitutes inserted, and these do not give such color and space as the originals of SEAS or VIFA.

Now I'm trying to combine different drivers - speakers, with different amplifiers. I have several different companies. I started with SABA MD-292 tuner, SABA MI-212 amplifier and DEC SABA CD-362 visible on 1 photo. Then I was enchanted by the sounds of the Musical Fodelity of the Electra series E100  Amplifier, E600 CD Pleier, E50 Tuner, and it went on quickly ...

Edited by Leoncio