Tivoli Hi-Fi

FS: Trade In Linn Akurate DS/1 Music Streamer

Sponsor

Item: Trade-In Linn Akurate DS/1 Music Streamer Black

Location: Tivoli Hi-Fi 155 Camberwell Road Hawthorn East VIC 3123

Price: $2499 Special SNA Forum Discount $2000 Including shipping anywhere in Australia

Item Condition: Trade-In stock in Excellent Condition. Comes with Box, original packaging and Manual.

Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash - Pickup in store, Credit Card including AMEX with no fees or penalties.

Extra Info:

Fully inspected and tested prior to sale.

Dedicated Streaming Digital Source.

Balanced and Single ended outputs to your amplifier. Simply Connect a Ethernet cable and use Linn Kazoo to stream music from Spotify, Tidal, Music stored on your network and Airplay!

Does have a Coax BNC to go to external DAC if you wish.

Capable of converting up to 24/192!

Latest software will be installed prior to sale.

All Trade in items come with a 3 month warranty

For prompt after hours response contact Tivoli Hi-Fi Staff member @jimsan

Pictures:

20190321_103155.thumb.jpg.ac9a957b360d53ea26d3084bdce18ed5.jpg20190321_103241.thumb.jpg.7a20eee2d709394d017bcc06f6075cce.jpg

Edited by Tivoli Hi-Fi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tivoli Hi-Fi
      Item: Trade-In Astell & Kern AK500N Music Server 1TB SSD
      Location: Tivoli Hi-Fi 155 Camberwell Road Hawthorn East VIC 3123
      Price: $3999 Special SNA Forum Discount $3800 Including shipping anywhere in Australia
      Item Condition: Trade-In stock in Excellent Condition. Comes with Box, original packaging and Manual.
      Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash - Pickup in store, Credit Card including AMEX with no fees or penalties.
      Extra Info:
      Fully inspected and tested prior to sale.
      One-click CD-ripping and perfect noise isolation through battery-only operation. PCM to DSD conversion faithful to the original sound and excellent compatibility with a wide range of devices. Easy DLNA-based networking and high-reliability SSD.
      For the AK500N, no detail was overlooked from planning to development to delivery of sound that is true to the original source.
      The AK500N features multi-level cell (MLC) SSD rather than a triple-level cell (TLC) SSD for increased durability and reliability. The vibration noise generated by conventional HDDs has been eliminated completely. Save and load large amounts of data even faster than traditional HDDs through the superior speed and stability of SSDs.
      1TB SSD Installed.
      The AK500N connects to PCs as well as NAS servers through its DLNA implementation using LAN, Wi-Fi and is easily controlled with an app on smartphones and tablets. Music on your PC or NAS can be freely streamed and played back without the hassle of having to turn on your PC and connecting a cable and it can output the sound in conjunction with the network speaker. The AK500N can be easily kept up-to-date with OTA (Over-the-Air) firmware updates.
      The Perfect Extractor!
      $14000 New!
      All Trade in items come with a 3 month warranty

For prompt after hours response contact Tivoli Hi-Fi Staff member @jimsan

Pictures:

• By Glockers
      Item: Linn Majik 109 Bookshelf Speakers (Black)
      Price: PRICE DROP! $1200  (New price is $2200)
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: No longer needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. I dont have boxes for shipping.
      Extra Info:
      These were bought by me from Tivoli HiFi about 18 months ago. They are in as new condition and whilst they haven't been played much they have been in a smoke free environment.

Lots of stellar reviews online including:
      "It's an attractive, affordable, well-made bookshelf speaker with a level of high-frequency reproduction that far exceeds everything near its price. Its only shortcomings are those that you'd expect from a speaker this small: limited low bass and overall dynamics. Those aside, the Majik 109 effectively has no flaws that I can hear"
      Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/linn-majik-109-loudspeaker-page-2#LeTUEBdPAHQtcAOC.99

Description: Three-way, reflex-loaded stand-mounted loudspeaker. Drive-units: 0.75" (19mm) fabric-dome supertweeter, 1.2" (30mm) polyurethane elastomer soft-dome tweeter, 5" hand-coated paper-cone woofer. Crossover frequencies: 1.5kHz, 6kHz. Crossover options: conventional passive or fully Aktiv. Frequency range: 72Hz–>20kHz (65Hz–>20kHz Aktiv version). Impedance: 4 ohms (7 ohms each drive-unit, Aktiv version). Sensitivity: 88dB/W/m (1kHz).
      Dimensions: 12.75" (327mm) H by 7.5" (192mm) W by 10" (256mm) D. Weight: 13 lbs (5.9kg). Dedicated stands: 23.4" (600mm) H by 9.75" (250mm) W by 12.5" (320mm) D. Weight: 13 lbs (5.92kg).

Pictures:

• By Woof Dog
      Item: EOI
      Linn Sondek LP12 Serial Number 1348 built in 1974. Turntable is signed by Linn Founder and Executive Chairman Sir Ivor Tiefenbrun alongside the serial number and also on the internal side of the plinth in two places.
      The turntable holds a SME 3009 tone-arm (Serial number 241344) and had the Valhalla powerboard fitted in 1982. 
      Overall condition is very good and is complete including the smoke tint lid, further photos are available on request over the weekend to those with a serious interest. Specific photographs can also be arranged as required. Please note the turntable has been dismantled and packaged for transport.

This LP12 is easily one of the oldest ever made available for sale in Australia, Ivor personally helped me verify the signatures and researched the serial numbers from the deck, tone-arm and powerboard. He is aware of the turntable's existence, his signatures that adorn it and the reason it is being put up for sale. Accompanying the  turntable and included as part of the sale is Ivor's signed personal business card.

Sub 2000 serial number LP12's are nigh on impossible to find, having one signed by the company founder even rarer. This is truly one for the collector and you know this, that said it will be sold with all proceeds going towards Cancer Research, there is no personal gain to myself. Please read the "Reason for Selling" to understand why.
      Expressions of interest are sought via PM by serious buyers only, just to be clear a $2000 offer will not be seeing this turntable in your possession and it will be advertised on other sites - although has been listed here first, again this turntable will be sold, if you want it get in touch. Here is a link to the photos.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b8nhqbywws8nvk7/AABNaCw_HTYrxrDCmsANay33a?dl=0

Price: EOI $2500
      Item Condition: Very good Overall
      Reason for selling: Again, all funds raised will be donated to Cancer Research via the Cancer Council of Australia - this is not for personal gain in any way.
      My brother and I lost our Mother aged 63 to Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 2012, that was horrible....... but in 2014 his 3 year old son was diagnosed with Leukaemia and, well, it just couldn't get any worse. Thankfully It didn't, my nephew beat this god forsaken disease and has been in remission for the last couple of years.
      40+ years ago (when this LP12 was built) Leukaemia was a death sentence and it has only been through research that kids now have a fighting chance, having hope is more important than anything else when you get that sort of news from a doctor. As a family our way of giving back is clear, as brothers we applied to be part of the Shitbox Rally for the 2019 run from Perth to Sydney. Fundraising is what it is all about and well we thought that rather than ask people for money we should sell items we owned but where not using.

The absolute irony in all of this?  I bought this turntable from an elderly customer of mine at Woof Dog Records, he approached me knowing I have a passion for analogue and I just had to have this special LP12, wasn't going to use it other than for display. After I paid him he told me the money was being used to fund his wife's medical treatment. The following week our application to be part of the 2019 Shitbox rally was approved, I had completely forgotten about the rally application at that time. I instantly knew that the best thing to do with this rare Linn was to help us raise as much money as we possibly can. This deck is only being sold so other parents, other families, other people get the chance to hang onto hope when their world crashes down with a cancer diagnosis. Research is hope.

I have listened to some amazing audio systems over the years, intricate in detail, depth of sound to die for and clarity equal in purity to the worlds best diamonds. None, not one of these, will ever reproduce the sound of (nor have the impact of) being faced with a father doubled over in distress, weeping without control in the hallway of a children's oncology ward. His wife and their  young child who had just been given weeks to live just couldn't see this proud man literally fall to the ground in absolute distress. That sound will always stick with me, that sound defies description, that sound is the sound of no hope, that sound is the reason this turntable is for sale.  

This Linn Sondek LP12 is going to help give someone hope one day, if you buy this you are making a difference to someone you probably don't know, someone who may not even be conceived yet! If sold through this forum a donation will also be made to the site in recognition and I guess just to say thanks for it being here. Thank you for reading this.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD, EFTPOS  or Direct Debit. To be discussed.
      Extra Info: A Dropbox file link with extensive photographs will be established over the weekend and made available to interested parties.

Pictures:

• By Solanum
      Item: Linn Exotik analogue pre-amplifier with Dynamik PSU
      Price: $1050
      Item Condition: Excellent except for a small dent in rear right corner of case (see photos)
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to Linn Exakt DSM
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: Silver Linn Exotik analogue pre-amp for sale (this is not the 'DA' version). Complete with new box from Linn, remote control and AU power plug (it is a standard IEC connector so any power lead will fit and the voltage is auto-selecting).

This has been dealer fitted with the Linn Dynamik power supply, which provides a significant improvement to the sound.

The pre-amp replaced a Kairn in my own system and was a big improvement with both Klouts and with 2250 power amps. The analogue circuitry in this pre-amp is identical to the later Linn Akurate Kontrol amp and has the same sound. In fact in my own comparisons to the current Akurate DSM there is only a very slight difference in the sound quality of analogue path.

The pre-amp provides a 5.1 processor (with all required RCA connections), but is not the later DA digital version and does not have a phono stage.

Please note that there is a small dent in the rear right corner (not visible in normal use), see photograph for the extent of this. The Exotik has been back to Linn in Scotland since this occurred (thus the new box).

Pictures:
    • By daveskis
      Item: Linto Phono Pre-Amp
      Price: $950
      Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: No longer required 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info:

Pictures: