FS:Bohlender Graebener RD75 6' ribbon speakers

Item: Bohlender Graebener RD75 ribbon speaker driver pair
Price: $1620
Item Condition: Good working order, fully tested
Reason for selling: Estate sale
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  May be used full range from 200Hz to 20KHz with just a simple sub to fill in the bass.  These are the ultimate speaker for detail and directionality.

These normally bring A$3,000+ on the international market but I need to keep this fast and simple for the family of my deceased audiophile friend.

Price $1620 is not negotiable - if you don't think they are an incredible bargain at this price then you don't really want them!  I am not taking a commission on this ($1,600 is for the family and $20 is for Austereonet) so you need to keep this easy for me also - buyer to collect or arrange their own collection and wrapping.  (I can drop to the nearest pack and send store in Blackburn though if that helps.)  I did a full test last night using a borrowed Audiomatica CLIO system and can confirm both are working perfectly and are a good matched pair.   (NB  Pic is from the web but identical to the pair I am offering)

Some info, including specs,  here: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/306011-sale-pair-nos-bohlender-graebener-ribbon-transducers-rd-50-rd-75-a.html

Pictures:

649168472_large_ca6f096fb0a424b52e3e2bd7808499a9.jpg

One of the best if not the best tweeter arrays out there.Similar sound to Genesis,Infinity,Magnaplanar but more forgiving.I was lucky enough to have heard these with the commercially made setup from the USA which the speakers were selling for around US$10000.

GLWTS 

Excellent Ribbons.

20 years ago or a little longer.

The smaller 60 inch ribbon was used in the Genesis of the time.

Due to the cavity resonance and the dispersion and driver characteristics they were used with the circular genesis ribbon tweeters but i found mine had really nice top end used without tweeters.

Had them crossed over at 150-200hz to 10 x 12 inch Tonegen woofers (5 per side).

Was equalised with a Clearview active crossover to supposedly go down to 16 hz.

The housing for the RD75 was a very simple two pieces of wood (ash) screwed into the sides and a base plate.

Sounded fantastic.

Excellent Ribbon good luck with the sale.

LPG

• 6 months later...

These are available for sale again as the original buyer never collected them.  Great speaker components, very hard to find locally.  Please be serious if you say you want them.