SOLD: FS: Rega RP8 TT + TTPSU + Funk Firm Achromat

SOLD

Item: Rega RP8 TT + TTPSU + Funk Firm Achromat + Clear Audio Concept v2 MM Cartiridge 
Price: $1,500 + Fees + Shipping 
Item Condition: 8/10 - See description below
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I flirted with the idea of getting into vinyl a year ago but due to a combination of system constraints and time-pressure it's something I decided not to explore. 

I will be using a DEQX PreMate Plus for room and speaker correction shortly. This means that in order to experience the speaker and room correction benefits of the DEQX I'll need to rely on a digital signal. While I know I can feed the DEQX the analog signal from the RP8, the fact that it will go through an analogue to digital conversion, before going through the reverse via my DAC leaves me with a little bit of cognitive dissonance. This coupled with three little, inquisitive kids about the house means I've decided to put my vinyl plans on ice. 

This particular RP8 was purchased from Audioconnection via Ebay. I paid $1,800 for it. It comes with the following additions:

-RB808 tone arm

-TTPSU Power Supply

-Blue Funk Firm Achromat

-Clear Audio Concept MM v2 cartridge (condition and hours unknown)

The turn table itself is in great condition, except for the acrylic cover. The cover has scratches and swirl marks and would need to be replaced. Ebay tells me you can get a lovely one for about $250.  Unfortunately this unit does not come with factory packaging. 

I have factored in the state of acrylic cover and the lack of packaging in the price. I think it's bit of a bargain, but hey - that's just me! 

Pictures:

20190415_114630.thumb.jpg.bd355924fe9b4428af93d00ae1f98d1d.jpg

20190415_114820.thumb.jpg.a14c9fdc6cd642913b1c3b1451e29df0.jpg

20190415_120719.thumb.jpg.dc35dde3846886bcbcf0455c5aeb9ec9.jpg

• Like 5