FS: HiFi-Tuning | Supreme³ Copper Fuse | 5x20 mm 1A slow blow

Guest scumbag

Guest scumbag

Item: HiFi-Tuning | Supreme³ Copper Fuse | 5x20 mm 1A slow blow

Price: $65 including postage. I wIll give donation to SNA once sold. 

Item Condition: Perfect.

Reason for selling: Bought the wrong value ;(

Payment Method: Pickup or postage- Paypal.

Extra Info: Objectivitist trigger warning.

I bought this fuse based on incorrect information that I got off the PS Audio forum. I was advised that the correct fuse for my BHK Signature Preamp is 1A slow blow. In fact, when I later looked at the rear of the unit, hidden below the power point where you can't see it is a label that says "1.6A slow blow". So that blows. I could use this in my BHK DSJ Junior as it takes a 1A fuse but I really don't think that it is warranted in there to be honest. It might be worthwhile in a DIrect Stream (senior) assuming that it uses a 1 amp fuse.

HIFI tuning have done tests against other standard and "audiophile" fuses here to illustrate that there are measurable differences between fuses: http://www.hifi-tuning.com/pdf/wlfr.eng.pdf

I believe that the Copper Ultimate gives a warmer sound than the silver variations.

- Caps consisting of Cardas Low Eddy Copper, gold plated
- Black ceramic body with special filler
- Straight melting wire consisting of pure Cardas copper
- Cryogen treated
- Demagnetized
- WA-Quantum treated (yeah, I hate it when they use the word Quantum.......)

Pictures:

IMG_20190415_114428.thumb.jpg.bcc4c27d00e53afdf0699a9ea44dd674.jpg

IMG_20190415_114337.thumb.jpg.e7fa1ae940779fc54adcd00f9d5f84f8.jpg

IMG_20190415_114428.thumb.jpg.bcc4c27d00e53afdf0699a9ea44dd674.jpg

IMG_20190415_114428.jpg

Edited by scumbag

Guest scumbag

Yes, the difference in voltage (110 versus 230) will usually result in a factor or 2 change in the fuse amperage. Having said that, the stuff that i own has the fuse ratings for US and Australian markets on them (PS Audio and Pass Labs) and in all cases, the amperage for the AUS version is actually half the US rating ;)
E.G.

"At idle the XA25 will consume 240W from the AC mains. The required voltage and correct fuse value will be indicated on the rear of the amplifier. Both 100 Vac and 120 Vac builds are fused at 5A. The 220 - 240 Vac build amplifiers are fused at 2.5 amp."

https://www.passlabs.com/sites/default/files/XA25_manual_1.pdf