Sign in to follow this  
synthz

FS: (PRICE DROP) Parasound JC1 - Power Amplifier Monoblock (x2)

Item: Parasound JC1 - Power Amp Monoblock (x2) 400 watts @ 8 Ohm
Price: 6,500 6200
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: NLR. Settling in with tubes amp
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: PICKUP ONLY - NO SHIPPING. Third owner. Age is around 6 years old. Still current model at their product range because it is just THAT good. I would like to sell these rather than being unused because I'm quite content with my tubes amp. Still have boxes available. Even though these are 400w / 8ohms each, Stereophile did a measurement test and the true numbers are somewhere around568w/8ohms each! Very powerful solid state amps that can drive any speakers on planet earth (even Bose!). I used these to power my Dynaudio C2 and they power them without any sweat, even though Dynaudio C2 are famous for being difficult to drive. Happy to provide demo for serious buyers. The amp was designed by the famous John Curl, read up the story about this amp and you will be convinced that this is a serious piece of engineering and they did not skim with the components inside either. There are minor scuff marks on the chassis which is quite normal for amps at this age. 
The JC1 runs in pure Class-A up to 25 watts at eight ohms, with its bias set to high and ten watts into eight ohms with the bias set to low.

The sticker that you see on the back panel is from the first owner from repairing a power button and an LED, so it's a very minor repair.

These amps are still being sold on hi-fi stores in Sydney for $9,000 EACH. So grab a massive bargain, it's a no brainer to get it at this price when you could have spent $18,000 for the pair.  

FEATURES:

Premier monaural amplifier

Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl and CTC Builder

Ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation

Exclusive two position bias level adjustment

Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors

Vampire Direct gold-plated OFC RCA input

Dual heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts

Direct Coupled - no capacitors or inductors in signal path

Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage

18 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors

1.9 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer

Independent power supplies for input, driver and output stages

18,000 μF filters for driver stage

132,000 µF Nichicon Gold Tune filters for output stage

DC Servo and relay protection circuits

REL and Nichicon Muse capacitors

Harris hyper-fast soft recovery diodes for all bridge rectifiers

Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal trigger

Ground lift switch , adjustable turn-on delay

4u Chassis with rear carry handles, rack mounting kit included

Premium detachable AWG 12 power cord with silver solder

THX Ultra2 certified

SPECS:

Continuous power output, 20Hz - 20 kHz:

400 watts RMS x 1, 8 Ω

800 watts RMS x 1, 4 Ω

1200 watts RMS x 1, 2 Ω Class A power output, 20Hz - 20 kHz:

25 watts, bias set to high, 8 Ω

10 watts, bias set to low, 8 Ω Current capacity:

135 amperes peak Power bandwidth:

2 Hz - 120 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt Total harmonic distortion:

< 0.15 % at full power IM distortion: balanced 16 V rms

< 0.03 % Slew rate:

> 130 V/µsecond Dynamic headroom:

> 1.8 dB Input sensitivity:

1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level Input impedance:

100 k Ω S/N ratio:

>120 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to high

>122 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to low Damping factor:

> 1200 at 20 Hz Power Requirement :

250 watts idle 1280 watts full power into 4 Ω DC trigger output capacity :

+12 Vdc, 150 mA Dimensions:

17-1/2" w x 7-5/8" h x 20" d, 7" h without feet Net weight: 64 lb.

Reviews:

Stereophile: https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/774/index.html

Home Theater Review: https://hometheaterreview.com/parasound-halo-jc-1-monaural-amplifier-reviewed/

Enjoy the Music: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1103/parasoundjc1.htm

Pictures:

Parasound_JC1_01.jpg

Parasound_JC1_02.jpg

Parasound_JC1_03.jpg

Parasound_JC1_04.jpg

Parasound_JC1_05.jpg

Parasound_JC1_06.jpg

Great amps at a reasonable price, they drive the Wilson Alexia's .9ohm epdr bass without a sweat.

But I have to say, to me there's just something "not right" seeing bare feet in a hiend audio ad, then some say I'm too sensitive?:x

GLWTS

Cheers George

End game amps for me, parts of my system have changes over the years, all except the JC1's. Bargain price, GLWTS Synthzy.

Dam, I,m in Perth

2 hours ago, john70 said:

Dam, I,m in Perth

The double box system is very secure and robust, they would come across the country no problem at all.

At one stage they came from America. :) 

11 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

The double box system is very secure and robust, they would come across the country no problem at all.

At one stage they came from America. :) 

I concur with this statement.

I've helped take jc1's out of boxes and are extremely robust. 

The two big ticket items i own were sent  from perth and were the smoothest transactions so far. I was more shocked how quick it was sent  also.

To miss out on these at an insane price would be very sad if the location was the only thing stopping you.

Glws mate!

Thank you guys, unfortunately when we had few thunderstorms recently the rain projects in a diagonal angle, so a little bit of the bottom section of the boxes got wet. I'm a bit worried that the integrity of the outer box got slightly compromised and not as strong as before. I'm sure the inner box is still strong though.

I'm a bit reluctant on shipping because i'm worried something will happen during transit, unless maybe the buyer want to risk it?

28 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

And I found Interparcel to be the lowest cost, and their "carriers" are the expensive ones.

Cheers George

1 hour ago, synthz said:

Thank you guys, unfortunately when we had few thunderstorms recently the rain projects in a diagonal angle, so a little bit of the bottom section of the boxes got wet. I'm a bit worried that the integrity of the outer box got slightly compromised and not as strong as before. I'm sure the inner box is still strong though.

I'm a bit reluctant on shipping because i'm worried something will happen during transit, unless maybe the buyer want to risk it?

If the boxes are dry and you are happy to put extra packing tape around the boxes , I doubt you would have a problem .

2 hours ago, synthz said:

It simple you just need to strap the box if box is not strong enough no big deal. 

Also add some strong bubble wrap with gaffer tape. 

These are a huge bargain at this price...if you've ever lusted after jc1s, snap 'em up! I concur with Daz, end game amps, amazing detail, smooth and effortless power.

Yep, I kinda lusting over them, would have got these if they were in Perth, but shipping too costly and fear of damage in transit.

O well that life