Sign in to follow this  
Nevyn72

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

This guy sums up Starwars pretty well:

I agree, this one I won’t watch at all. 

Disney's corporate behaviour for movie promo and what's in production etc shows tacit acknowledgement that they've almost killed their once-valuable property.

Which is ironic, because Star Wars jumped the shark/ revealed itself as a Disney stories-for-children narrative when Luke and Leia's heartfelt passion disappeared in a wisp when they discovered they were related.

If this was truly the stuff of legends, that would be where the story starts, not ends. See any Greek legend you care to name.

I think the view of this series success really depends on who people view the target audience is. I grew up with episodes IV to VI watching the last two at the drive in and as a child was super excited about the good Vs evil thing those episodes highlighted. Now I see that same excitement in my kids with the current series ( a little less so with ep VIII ) and with the  joy i see in them gets me equally excited about the last episode. I don't feel that as I grew up with Luke, Leah and Han that Disney owes me anything in closure or that they are rehashing what was in the original. They are movies and if you don't like them then fine don't watch them. No need for all the hate on them. 

I'm looking forward to this one, should be good.

Looks epic! Can't wait. Have liked all the newer movies except Phantom Menace and Attack of the clones. 

Lol, that's where it's get interesting, the older raised on eps 4-6 grumbling away versus the newer raised on eps 1-3  looking forward to 9. 

I was 10 when Ep 3 came out, would I have done the same when Ep 1 or 7 came out at the same stage. At 10 was I really that interested in the better storylines of 4-6 or has that just risen it's head in later years compared to the newer movies? 

2 hours ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Disney's corporate behaviour for movie promo and what's in production etc shows tacit acknowledgement that they've almost killed their once-valuable property.

Which is ironic, because Star Wars jumped the shark/ revealed itself as a Disney stories-for-children narrative when Luke and Leia's heartfelt passion disappeared in a wisp when they discovered they were related.

If this was truly the stuff of legends, that would be where the story starts, not ends. See any Greek legend you care to name.

ewoks 

On 13/04/2019 at 2:30 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Liked The Force Awakens (no. 7) because of the huge build up. Didn't mind the Last Jedi (no. 8), reckon people were too critical and analytical and did not sit back to watch the movie.   Rogue One was excellent.

Looking forward to Rise of Skywalker...  👍

Time to cast (or re-cast) your vote in above thread...

👌

5 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Not sure why the haters have come out in Force (pun intended!) ?   Fair enough if you have seen the movie and do not like it.  But hating it based on one short trailer ???  

Star wars is a cult. Many of us grew up with it. It means more than a movie and people feel they personally "own" it. There is no way possible anyone could ever make a Star Wars movie now that would be acceptable. Me, I'm along for the ride. I cant say Ep1 and 2 were my favorites but they were part of the story. Just as this is. I really liked Ep8 and thought it tied together quite a bit. I hope this one goes out with a bang. I mean its the end, it has to end big.