Sign in to follow this  
Nevyn72

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

More starwars is great news, bring it on.

tolerated 7...was totalllllly burnt by ep8..  should i even bother with this?

JJ sounds like he knows what he is doing, so there is still hope 

Posted (edited)

I love the Star Trek reboot with Chris Pine as James T Kirk.  When you compare these to the last 7 Star Wars movies the studios should bow their heads in shame.      

Edited by Peter_F

Lol, I just now watched the trailer, so yeah, it’s gonna be crap. 

Every generation ion had a legend, it definitely isn’t that Jedi Girl. 

The title should be "And finally it Ends". These last attempts have brought nothing new to the Starwars universe with weak characters and average story telling. I couldn't care less about the new characters and now their trying to bring back the old characters because they know they made a mistake killing them off. Bringing back the Emperor...give me a break.

Too late she cried too late. IMO.

Planning to get 4k bluray asap, no matter of the critic's opinion. 

I've seen them all at the cinema since 1978. So it's just kind of tradition now. Ep8 I can hardly remember the plot. Actually, I mostly remember checking my watch in the last hour as I had to pick someone up afterwards. Rogue One was excellent, and I've heard that it was "nobbled" for being a little bit too good compared to the recent episodes. Solo, I started watching the first hour and then broke off to do something important, like the dishes, then my Stan subscription expired. I doubt I will see the end of that one.

So bring on Ep9 and let's end this thing!

Rogue 1 was supposedly even grittier in early drafts/cuts to be even more war movie like, but got fiddled with to tone down the grittiness. But even rogue 1 had crap pointless characters, like Forrest whittakers character. At least the droid in rogue was better than the droid in solo 

So rise of skywalker.  What we looking at?

Is leah skywalker going to become the new president of the new republic?

Is luke skywalker going to reincarnate and start doing weird magical stuff?

Is rey a skywalker?

Will Ben Solo seek a name change at marriages births and deaths before becoming dictator?

Not sure why the haters have come out in Force (pun intended!) ?   Fair enough if you have seen the movie and do not like it.  But hating it based on one short trailer ???  

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Not sure why the haters have come out in Force (pun intended!) ?   Fair enough if you have seen the movie and do not like it.  But hating it based on one short trailer ???  

Umm no it's based on the last 2 movies with the same characters which are boring and forgettable...IMO. Just go on Youtube and watch the reactions of die hard fans to the new trailer and you will see the hate. We got burned with the last movie making Rey too powerful with limited training, the Mary Sue of Starwars. Back flipping over a tie fighter...Why?? So tie fighters are land speeders now xD.

This movie will be no different and looks like we are going to Endor...hmm just like ROTJ with the last movie just like Empire (walkers at the end). Hopefully we get to see Wicket and his family and how they've struggled under the First Order. Should be epic :S.

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Your kidding me right? Did you not see the last two and the pathetic opening with Rey on this trailer. 

I didn't mind the last one, believe it or not. But yes, probably run it's race by now anyhow, will go to the movies to see this one for sure...as I have all the others I guess. ;) 

This guy sums up Starwars pretty well:

I agree, this one I won’t watch at all.