Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

So rise of skywalker.  What we looking at?

Is leah skywalker going to become the new president of the new republic?

Is luke skywalker going to reincarnate and start doing weird magical stuff?

Is rey a skywalker?

Will Ben Solo seek a name change at marriages births and deaths before becoming dictator?

• Haha 2

Not sure why the haters have come out in Force (pun intended!) ?   Fair enough if you have seen the movie and do not like it.  But hating it based on one short trailer ???  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Not sure why the haters have come out in Force (pun intended!) ?   Fair enough if you have seen the movie and do not like it.  But hating it based on one short trailer ???  

Umm no it's based on the last 2 movies with the same characters which are boring and forgettable...IMO. Just go on Youtube and watch the reactions of die hard fans to the new trailer and you will see the hate. We got burned with the last movie making Rey too powerful with limited training, the Mary Sue of Starwars. Back flipping over a tie fighter...Why?? So tie fighters are land speeders now xD.

This movie will be no different and looks like we are going to Endor...hmm just like ROTJ with the last movie just like Empire (walkers at the end). Hopefully we get to see Wicket and his family and how they've struggled under the First Order. Should be epic :S.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Your kidding me right? Did you not see the last two and the pathetic opening with Rey on this trailer. 

Disney's corporate behaviour for movie promo and what's in production etc shows tacit acknowledgement that they've almost killed their once-valuable property.

Which is ironic, because Star Wars jumped the shark/ revealed itself as a Disney stories-for-children narrative when Luke and Leia's heartfelt passion disappeared in a wisp when they discovered they were related.

If this was truly the stuff of legends, that would be where the story starts, not ends. See any Greek legend you care to name.

I think the view of this series success really depends on who people view the target audience is. I grew up with episodes IV to VI watching the last two at the drive in and as a child was super excited about the good Vs evil thing those episodes highlighted. Now I see that same excitement in my kids with the current series ( a little less so with ep VIII ) and with the  joy i see in them gets me equally excited about the last episode. I don't feel that as I grew up with Luke, Leah and Han that Disney owes me anything in closure or that they are rehashing what was in the original. They are movies and if you don't like them then fine don't watch them. No need for all the hate on them. 

• Like 8

Lol, that's where it's get interesting, the older raised on eps 4-6 grumbling away versus the newer raised on eps 1-3  looking forward to 9. 

I was 10 when Ep 3 came out, would I have done the same when Ep 1 or 7 came out at the same stage. At 10 was I really that interested in the better storylines of 4-6 or has that just risen it's head in later years compared to the newer movies? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Disney's corporate behaviour for movie promo and what's in production etc shows tacit acknowledgement that they've almost killed their once-valuable property.

Which is ironic, because Star Wars jumped the shark/ revealed itself as a Disney stories-for-children narrative when Luke and Leia's heartfelt passion disappeared in a wisp when they discovered they were related.

If this was truly the stuff of legends, that would be where the story starts, not ends. See any Greek legend you care to name.

ewoks 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 2:30 PM, Snoopy8 said:

Liked The Force Awakens (no. 7) because of the huge build up. Didn't mind the Last Jedi (no. 8), reckon people were too critical and analytical and did not sit back to watch the movie.   Rogue One was excellent.

Looking forward to Rise of Skywalker...  ?

Time to cast (or re-cast) your vote in above thread...

?

5 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Star wars is a cult. Many of us grew up with it. It means more than a movie and people feel they personally "own" it. There is no way possible anyone could ever make a Star Wars movie now that would be acceptable. Me, I'm along for the ride. I cant say Ep1 and 2 were my favorites but they were part of the story. Just as this is. I really liked Ep8 and thought it tied together quite a bit. I hope this one goes out with a bang. I mean its the end, it has to end big.

• Like 4

Guest Muon N'

I hate the way they were released out of bloody order, when someone mentions the 1st I think of the first one released, which is episode 4 I believe. Some young upstarts don't even include the first 3 movies when they talk about Star Wars, does my head in xD

1 minute ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

@cafe67 yes, quite. Also Droids.

Back when I first encountered Star Wars, 1976, it had great promise.

Agreed back that, it was something special and  even more so for the lack of cgi. 

Nowadays i I think we are all jaded/blasé about it all , I think the other problem is there are simply better sci- fi movies out there, but perhaps not better franchises ? 

• Like 2

The problem is not cgi or being jaded, the problem is simply bad characters and boring stories. 

The characters in the first three movies are probably some of the best loved characters in movie history, it’s why those films were good. 

Why do you think Game of thrones is so good, characters. 

45 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

The problem is not cgi or being jaded, the problem is simply bad characters and boring stories. 

The characters in the first three movies are probably some of the best loved characters in movie history, it’s why those films were good. 

Why do you think Game of thrones is so good, characters. 

Master @Sime V2  May the force be with you....?  

Daisy Ridley.......?  OMG!    

GOT is boring,  no more adult scenes......:D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Addicted to music said:

Daisy Ridley.......?  OMG!

She may be cute, but that don’t make it good for the film. 

13 hours ago, Sime V2 said:

Why do you think Game of thrones is so good, characters

And a mind blowingly epic, if almost debilitatingly complicated, story line. And I dont think there are many GOT characters left that anyone likes much less loves. ?

Guest Muon N'
9 minutes ago, crisis said:

And a mind blowingly epic, if almost debilitatingly complicated, story line. And I dont think there are many GOT characters left that anyone likes much less loves. ?

I like most, and love a couple :)

So much to like about GoT, basically everything about making a good show..........makes Star Was look like Home and Away. That's going to get me roasted in a SW's thread :D

Sorry for OT, but am avoiding spoilers in the GoT threads.

So, who likes BB8...... So much cooler than R2D2 :)