DD04

Burson Audio Conductor V2+ USB compatibility with Linux (Ubuntu)

Hey peeps,

The official sources don't mention one way or the other whether Burson Audio's Conductor V2+ supports Linux (I'm running Ubuntu) as a source on the USB interface.

Just wondering if anyone out there has these components in their setup and can chime in with any first hand experience.

Thanks,

DD04.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Muon N'.

I actually managed to get it confirmed by a forum member - the current version of Ubuntu (tested with 18.04 LTS) does support the XMOS USB module straight out of the box.

For completeness, here is a link to their post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-burson-conductor-v2-and-v2.798772/page-80#post-14896502

Edited by DD04
Updated URL

:thumb: That might help Burson too, if they look at this thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Swampy900
      Item: Burson Conductor V2+
      Price: $800 neg. + postage & fees
      Item Condition: 9/10
      Reason for selling: Funding another project
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: This is the Burson Conductor V2+ which also includes the high end DAC. This is a very powerful headphone amp which can drive a full range of headphones. Its in perfect condition and has been well looked after. It also includes the blue USB cable in the photo and the high quality remote machined from metal. There are plenty of great reviews of this Headphone amp/DAC online.

Pictures:

• By Max Headroom
      Item: Burson HA-160 headphone amplifier
      Price: $250 + post
      Item Condition: Has cosmetic scratch and dent but working perfectly
      Reason for selling: Too many HP amps!
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: I'll just refer to the original ad below which I bought it from... great price for a great HP amp

Frankly it doesnt look as bad as the previous ad makes out, you dont sit there staring at the back or underside of the unit.

Powerful, smooth, great sound.

Volume control crackles a little as you turn it - its a stepped volume control, but balance is perfect. I'll try cleaning the volume control this week as I've seen hows its sreviced.

Pictures:
    • By Cafad
      Item:    Burson Conductor CV2+ (yes, this is the version with the DAC)
      Price:   $550 firm    (includes postage to the eastern states, maybe an extra $10 or $20 to WA or TAS)
      Item Condition:  Excellent, just over 2 years old.
      Reason for selling:  I've upgraded to a Gross DAC so the faithful Burson is not required anymore.
      Extra Info:  Comes with original double box and all original extras, cables, remote, etc.  See pics for details.

Pictures:

• By JohnPrerad
      Item: BURSON SOLOIST SL Headphone Amp
      Price: $200 O.N.O. + Delivery
      Item Condition: As new
      Reason for selling: I recently bought a little LUXMAN SQ-N100 Amp which has a headphone output jack and doubles as one of the best headphone amps. I do not use my SOLOIST SL anymore.
      Extra Info: The amp was used less than 50 hours.

Pictures:

• By Cafad
      Burson seem to love to produce products that are almost like other companies products but just that little bit different.
      I received an email today telling me about the new usb DAC and headphone amp called the Play, and was surprised to find that you can slot it into your computer.  Cool!  

It's available for pre-order now, link below.
      https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/play/