Sign in to follow this  
zippi

Has anyone heard (of) Revtek speakers?

Posted (edited)

Revtek is news to me, but maybe some Brisbanites (or more broadly QLD, NSW, VIC people) might know better.

Do they make good speakers? I'm not talking audiophile grade, rather just decent quality.

I'm looking for reasonable in ceiling speakers on a budget and

Revtek Blue Square Labs AAR8 and AAR3 have poped up out of the blue.

Any info/listening/installation experiences good or bad with either model or Revtek in general will be much appreciated.

cheers

Edited by zippi

Posted (edited)

Edited by zippi
delete duplicate

On 09/04/2019 at 10:22 PM, zippi said:

Revtek is news to me, but maybe some Brisbanites (or more broadly QLD, NSW, VIC people) might know better.

Do they make good speakers? I'm not talking audiophile grade, rather just decent quality.

I'm looking for reasonable in ceiling speakers on a budget and

Revtek Blue Square Labs AAR8 and AAR3 have poped up out of the blue.

Any info/listening/installation experiences good or bad with either model or Revtek in general will be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi mate, yes have had some experience with their in ceiling and outdoor speakers. Got some installed in our last home, fairly modern brick block home, low gyprock ceilings. For the money they were very decent I found, with my local Hifi supplier recommending them over their Yamaha counterparts. Had them running solidly most days for about three years before we sold the house. I can't remember specific model numbers etc though sorry. 

Thanks @Jebediah. I kinda figured along similar lines, so i took the plunge last week on a set of two. They were also as new unused but dirt cheap so couldn've gone wrong. Quietly confident they'll do a nice job.

So these were the ceiling mounted ones Zip? I figure if you're not asking too much of them they'll be fine. We used ours just to get audio from the TV into the kitchen so the wife could cook etc whilst having the TV audio right there instead of trying to project the sound right across the living area. 

2 hours ago, Jebediah said:

So these were the ceiling mounted ones Zip? I figure if you're not asking too much of them they'll be fine. We used ours just to get audio from the TV into the kitchen so the wife could cook etc whilst having the TV audio right there instead of trying to project the sound right across the living area. 

yes the in ceiling ones. AAR3. Do not need anything fancy and they do seem reasonably well put together with nice attention to detail in the crossover design and implementation. I almost knew someone from QLD would step up and share some info as Revtek seem to be most widely used/sold out of Brisvegas. 

48 minutes ago, zippi said:

yes the in ceiling ones. AAR3. Do not need anything fancy and they do seem reasonably well put together with nice attention to detail in the crossover design and implementation. I almost knew someone from QLD would step up and share some info as Revtek seem to be most widely used/sold out of Brisvegas. 

Hehe, yes got mine from AV Concept in Toowoomba. Warwick is great to deal with and I never pay RRP 😉