Problem with Tidal.

14 hours ago, Music2496 said:

I'm on NBN50 (~46 Mbps connection evening during evening peak hour) and have Tidal issues only in the evenings too. 

If you can, let support@tidal.com  know it's an evening issue for you too.

The more people that report it, hopefully they can look into it, if it's (maybe) a regional thing.

Request now logged. 

• Like 1

I have had issues playing songs through Tidal via my HeosLink device. Upon speaking to the Denon/Heos team in Melbourne they advised to converse with them first as my access to Tidal is via the Heos device/App/interface etc. I have the NBN, my device is hardwired and I have spent considerable time making sure it ain't me...e.g factory reset HeosLink, recabled, reset modem etc

But similar issues - song stops playing, the time/song counter goes for exactly 20 seconds and then i get an error message about not being able to contact the server and then it skips to the next queued track. Happens mostly at night (but can occur randomly at other times during the day)  and i have questioned why i subscribe as it really is frustrating. E.g last friday night, enjoying some tunes and cold beers and then i had 5 songs in a row just stop playing. Naturally I turned it off in a huff and grabbed another beer as they were the songs i JUST had to listen to...

I doubt i will get a certified 'fix'. 

If i do i will let you know...

My final response from Tidal below. It most likely is an Optus capacity issue with priority given to Netflix and Stan. I am trying a NordVPN at the moment (Tidal suggested a VPN) but the problem is my router is older and most routers don’t have an open client to allow VPN. 

Illogically even though the VPN was only on my computer and not the router I have had no drop outs in the last 24 hours. This result must be a fluke however if it persists I’ll come back and update. 

Hopefully, this will bring you some relief. You can also contact your service provider and bug them about expanding their capacity.