Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
PKay

TechDAS Air Force V Turntable

Recommended Posts

While this certainly isn't in my ball park from a price point it is impressive to see some of the hi-end technology trickling down to vinyl.  At GBP 12,500 it will add to the competition of hi-end turntables - I'm not sure what the Australian pricing is but given Warwick is pretty good on parity pricing where possible it should be competitive.

 

https://www.hifinews.com/content/techdas-air-force-v-turntable?utm_source=phplist114&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HTML&utm_campaign=HiFi+Forsale+NewsLetter#j1I8Gohg9vl2YZzp.99

 

 

319techdas.promo_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first glance it looks  similar in concept to the Kuzma Stabi R. I think it is a good idea for high end audiophile vinyl rig that doesn't take up too much space.

 

It's actually already on Warwick's website, $17,950 sans arm. Be very interesting to hear his view on comparing the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

At first glance it looks  similar in concept to the Kuzma Stabi R. I think it is a good idea for high end audiophile vinyl rig that doesn't take up too much space.

 

It's actually already on Warwick's website, $17,950 sans arm. Be very interesting to hear his view on comparing the two.

 

It's the other way round. The Kuzma Stabi R is just a copy in concept of the old Micro Seiki RX 1500 / 5000 from the 1970's.      the same designer of the Techdas Air force turntables, including this one :)

 

Image result for micro seiki rx 1500

 

Image result for micro seiki rx 5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@metal beat I stand corrected. That looks the goods too. I think the main difference from my previous reading on the Stabi R, and the quick blurb on the Techdas V, is that there is no external motor or psu, everything is in the one tidy box. Having said that, they are both well above my pay grade until they start appearing second hand in a few years time!

Edited by markm1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

@metal beat I stand corrected. That looks the goods too. I think the main difference from my previous reading on the Stabi R, and the quick blurb on the Techdas V, is that there is no external motor or psu, everything is in the one tidy box. Having said that, they are both well my pay grade until they start appearing second hand in a few years time!

Mark,

 

you will need to go to something like this to make the jump worthwhile - your Stabi S punches way above its price point. 

Edited by PKay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PKay said:

Mark,

 

you will need to go to something like this to make the jump worthwhile - your Stabi S punches way above its price point. 

You are quite right Pete. I'm very happy with the Stabi S, just need to get the arms and carts dialled in professionally to complete the picture. I was daydreaming about eh Stabi R a while back, then woke up to myself (cash flow reality may have intruded on that as well) and decided to just enjoy what I have - which I am!. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these are technological advances so much the better -  I guess it all lies in how they sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, markm1111 said:

It's actually already on Warwick's website, $17,950 sans arm. Be very interesting to hear his view on comparing the two.

Oops. Looks like it went up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Marc said:

Oops. Looks like it went up.

The Aussie has been on a bit of a downward slide for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, metal beat said:

 

LOL.  they are trying to charge 11K for this complete Chinese rip off.

I like the build quality of Amari even though they do rip off designs..

Stump

 

http://soundwe.co.nz/amari/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PKay said:

The Aussie has been on a bit of a downward slide for a while. 

 

Not sure that much Peter.  Exhange was around 87 yen in Nov 2017. It's now around 79 yen.

 

The price increase is in advance of the falling exchange 

Edited by metal beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stump said:

I like the build quality of Amari even though they do rip off designs..

Stump

 

http://soundwe.co.nz/amari/

 

Hi Stump.  11k worth of build quality?

I would be surprised if there is 1k worth of cost.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...