TechDAS Air Force V Turntable

While this certainly isn't in my ball park from a price point it is impressive to see some of the hi-end technology trickling down to vinyl.  At GBP 12,500 it will add to the competition of hi-end turntables - I'm not sure what the Australian pricing is but given Warwick is pretty good on parity pricing where possible it should be competitive.

https://www.hifinews.com/content/techdas-air-force-v-turntable?utm_source=phplist114&utm_medium=email&utm_content=HTML&utm_campaign=HiFi+Forsale+NewsLetter#j1I8Gohg9vl2YZzp.99

319techdas.promo_.jpg

• Like 1

At first glance it looks  similar in concept to the Kuzma Stabi R. I think it is a good idea for high end audiophile vinyl rig that doesn't take up too much space.

It's actually already on Warwick's website, $17,950 sans arm. Be very interesting to hear his view on comparing the two.

19 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

At first glance it looks  similar in concept to the Kuzma Stabi R. I think it is a good idea for high end audiophile vinyl rig that doesn't take up too much space.

It's actually already on Warwick's website, $17,950 sans arm. Be very interesting to hear his view on comparing the two.

It's the other way round. The Kuzma Stabi R is just a copy in concept of the old Micro Seiki RX 1500 / 5000 from the 1970's.      the same designer of the Techdas Air force turntables, including this one :)

Image result for micro seiki rx 1500

Image result for micro seiki rx 5000

• Like 3

@metal beat I stand corrected. That looks the goods too. I think the main difference from my previous reading on the Stabi R, and the quick blurb on the Techdas V, is that there is no external motor or psu, everything is in the one tidy box. Having said that, they are both well above my pay grade until they start appearing second hand in a few years time!

Edited by markm1111
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, markm1111 said:

@metal beat I stand corrected. That looks the goods too. I think the main difference from my previous reading on the Stabi R, and the quick blurb on the Techdas V, is that there is no external motor or psu, everything is in the one tidy box. Having said that, they are both well my pay grade until they start appearing second hand in a few years time!

Mark,

you will need to go to something like this to make the jump worthwhile - your Stabi S punches way above its price point. 

Edited by PKay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PKay said:

Mark,

you will need to go to something like this to make the jump worthwhile - your Stabi S punches way above its price point. 

You are quite right Pete. I'm very happy with the Stabi S, just need to get the arms and carts dialled in professionally to complete the picture. I was daydreaming about eh Stabi R a while back, then woke up to myself (cash flow reality may have intruded on that as well) and decided to just enjoy what I have - which I am!. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, markm1111 said:

Oops. Looks like it went up.

23 minutes ago, PKay said:

The Aussie has been on a bit of a downward slide for a while. 

Not sure that much Peter.  Exhange was around 87 yen in Nov 2017. It's now around 79 yen.

The price increase is in advance of the falling exchange 

Edited by metal beat

20 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Not sure that much Peter.  Exhange was around 87 yen in Nov 2017. It's now around 79 yen.

The price increase is in advance of the falling exchange 

That’s right Aussie has depreciated, ie, buys less yen 

• 2 months later...