Schiit once again, has come to the party.

My guess it's just the Vidar (great amp btw) with far less rail volts, and biased up full into Class-A, hence no internal shots perhaps??? 

https://www.schiit.com/products/aegir

Just the thing for Quad ESL 57 users, who don't want to rock it out too much, and high efficiency speakers users.

Kinda takes me back to the far bigger, more $$$$$$, more current ability "legendary" Mark Levinson ML2  25w monoblocks.

Cheers George  

c.jpg

Edited by georgehifi

• 1 month later...
I generally avoid any hyped review by SG. Almost every review he does is "this is the best amplifier" etc etc.
Fair enough. I take all reviews with a grain of salt.

The sbaf guys tend to love their schiit and could be accused of fanboyism. However in context, they weren't nearly as enthusiastic about the Vidar as they are about Aegir.

I'd love to try a pair of aegirs for myself.

20 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

What does this mean:

“Continuity ensures you see Class-A-like performance at all these power outputs.”

Continuity™: Benefits Beyond Class A
Aegir is our first Continuity speaker amplifier, extending a technology we introduced with the Lyr 3 headphone amp. Technically, Continuity is a way to eliminate transconductance droop outside of the Class A bias region, and extend the benefits of Class A biasing. It also solves the NPN and PNP device mismatch problem, since it uses both NPN and PNP devices on both rails. It’s still a very hot-running amp, though, with over 10W of Class A standing bias.

I see that Addicted to Audio have these at $1400 but only in Silver.

If they sold the black (which is available in the States) I'd probably take a punt on a unit, with a view to grabbing two if I liked it.

But since they dont, I'll just wait and see.