simon12345

PS3 AUDIOPHILE?

When you're using a dac via coax or optical from the spinner regardless of what it is the spinner is being used as the transport, the difference in the sound perceived is the last source in this chain, aka the dac. The difference in the transport in most cases are very miniscule assuming the digital signal is before any filter straight from the digital servo chip. Just because something is high end doesn't mean it will automatically sound night and day better than what you're currently using. 

On 08/04/2019 at 3:50 PM, simon12345 said:

well i think they are pretty much the same my ears might be tricking me i go into a sony 777 amp and it does the decoding coax is marginally better than optical but comparing the ps3 and rebook there's nothing in it I've decided to sell my players and stick with the ps3  just not worth owning high end players when the sony is just fine but thanks for your input

What about fan noise from the PS3? Isn't that annoying?

well I'm 3 meters away from the ps3 with music on i don't hear the fan i know its there i know its not the best but really i can live with it it is pretty good the dacs on my 777 do all the work and its pretty sweet..by the way thankyou everyone for your replies.

I had an old PS3 hooked up to my DAC for a while. It was one of those early machines that could play SACD.  I agree it sounded great, and the combo (PS3/DAC) was not far from the Sony ES CD player I use.

But the fan noise was too much for me personally,  particularly in late night listening sessions.  

yes the combo is very good my fan though is so quiet i can't hear it lucky for me..thanks for the reply