Posted (edited)

Item: AYON AUDIO HA-3 Single-Ended-Triode Headphone Amplifier

Price: $$$#^))

Item Condition: Mint

Reason for selling: NLR

Payment Method: Pickup or Delivery cash/EFT on pick up

Extra Info:

From 6Moons:

"Among direct-heated triodes -- and shy of leaving the reservation for types only the truly obsessed have even heard of, never mind listened to -- 45s are legendary and by some considered what 300Bs and 2A3s can only aspire to"

Shipping Dimension: 50.00cm x 50.00cm x 30.00cm      20kg

REVIEWS:

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/ayon-audio-ha-3-set-headphone-amplifier-focal-utopia-headphones/

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-709&lang=en

From Ayon Audio site:

The HA-3 was developed for headphone lovers searching exclusively the very special music experience.

It impresses with it’s Single-Ended-Triode technology taken to its respective extremes by Ayon in all their products. Selected in-house AA45 Mesh super triodes,

the perhaps most perfect and best sounding low-power triode for headphone amp design, are applied in combination with special super-permalloy wound output transformers.

At the HA-3 deliberately all useless gimmicks have been omitted.

The HA-3 is designed without compromise in its circuitry as well as in its power conditioning;

therefore, a separate top-class power supply was inevitable; on the one hand it guarantees extraordinary voltage and current stability and lowest hum.

With its powerful, airy, and lively play, paired with a superb spatiality with emotional reproduction the HA-3 drives every dynamic headphone to absolutely maximum tonal performance.

From treble in brilliant resolution to absolutely authentic colourful mid-range and a deep resilient bass.

At the same time, it fascinates by its incredible ease, closeness and control at any kind of reproduction that is second to none

Features & Design:

Full-featured pure class-A tube stereo headphone amplifier

Vacuum Tubes : Ayon AA45 Mesh power output tubes

The choice of signal and power tubes have a significant influence on the sound and hence on the inspiration and joy of listening.

This is not only the decision between good and bad tubes but finally the interaction of the different types of tubes and their combination that are used in the various Ayon amplifiers.

Signal Path

We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path.

The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself.

Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length.

The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.

● Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life

● Ultra short signal path

● Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability

● No solid state devices in the signal path

● High current and low impedance design that operates tubes in the best areas their curves

● Automatic bias adjustment

● No followers or buffers in the signal path

● Quality parts throughout

Power Supply

The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration.

Separate power transformers, chokes and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stages which makes this a pure power source.

We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.

● Low noise –insulated power transformers

● Power transformer is excellent damped and RFI/EMI shielded

● Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients

● Choke filtered power supply

● Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification

● High current filament-regulator for pre/driver tubes

● Regulated DC filament supplies with soft start

● AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.

Output Transformer

The super-wide bandwidth output transformer’s major strength is that it can deliver the current in the bass,

while at the same time maintaining the speed in the high frequencies, dramatically improving the square wave response of the amplifier.

The effect is a much more natural and relaxed sound with much better clarity, resolution and fluidity.

● Super-wide bandwidth high performance - super permalloy output transformer

● High efficiency with low insertion loss for optimal current and voltage transfer

● Multiple tight layering and coupling for extended frequency response

● Output transformers are sealed with an anti-resonance compound material

Components

The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in.

It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.

● Selected, quality passive components used in all applications

● High speed & high quality audiophile grade coupling capacitors

● Special tube sockets with beryllium- copper spring pins, custom made by Ayon

● High quality – RCA input jack

● Special isolated - internal wiring

● Copper matrix - internal signal cable

● Gold-plated industrial grade PCB

Mechanical Construction

The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner background and less hash and grain.

All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.

● Improved heat ventilation chassis

● Custom-made machined control knobs

● All front & rear panel descriptions are engraved

● Chassis finish: black / black

Pictures:

FRONT.thumb.jpg.d496d46004e7910d4b2db2774a19715e.jpg

1991762516_FourTubes.thumb.jpg.02e0b72f3b97e1bf3fa9feed4b7478e2.jpg

REAR.thumb.jpg.935c94a6183bb3c26ff8d5bb08aba37c.jpg

TOP.thumb.jpg.987ae8e8e143024ece1eee5dc8b18bbc.jpg

Edited by Toyboyo

Posted (edited)

Really would like this to go to an SNA member and I will give them a better price.

Edited by Toyboyo

bump... this amp may look simple but the tubes on this make it very special... l

as well as the transformers ....the units weigh in at 20kg