SOLD Modwright KWA 100se Power Amp

Item: Modwright KWA 100se Power Amp
Price: Sold.
Item Condition: Really good.
Reason for selling: I like this but I like my valve amps more.

Pictures:

KWA1.thumb.JPG.d77f3939d1ae7ad467c54c19b501f9f3.JPGKWA2.thumb.JPG.eec886107a221c3def9f947b9f9dd328.JPG
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

KWA100SE: 120W 8 ohms; 210W 4 ohms.
Power Transformer: 500VA.
Bandwidth: 10Hz – 100Khz (+0, -1dB).
Noise Floor: -97dB.
Gain: 26dB.
Input Impedance: Min. 15K 50Khz; 23K 1Khz.
Input Sensitivity: 1.5V
Dimensions: 17.75W x 17.5D x 6.5H
Weight: 40 lbs (47 lbs. shipped)

"The ModWright KWA 100SE is a wonderfully musical and entertaining-sounding piece of gear. It offers reference-level performance on many parameters. However, in the specific area of tonality/timbres, along with a seamlessness/grainless overall sonic perspective, it is right up there with some of the best solid state amps, regardless of cost. In my honest opinion, if I did not already own my fantastic-sounding and more expensive Pass Labs XA60.5 mono-blocks, I could easily live with the KWA 100SE and not miss my reference amps at all in my system. I highly recommend anyone looking for a two-channel solid state amp to strongly consider putting the KWA 100SE on your audition list." See the full review here: https://hometheaterreview.com/modwright-instruments-inc-kwa-100se-power-amplifier-reviewed/?page=2

A review with lots of internal details and pics is here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright6/kwa100_5.html

Because I am avid student of SNA For Sale ads let me just assure you that:  Yes it is a giant killer, it shows lots of air around instruments, it lifts the veils from my speakers ,it is a stonking bargain, it punches above its weight, , you feel as though real musicians are playing in your living room, it's worth a road trip for and it's that good! etc

Edited by Clydemount
Sold
  • Like 4