AURALic Aries - Trouble with Tidal

This is a, Is it me or is it everybody?, sort of question.

I control my Aries via the Lightning app on my iPhone and an iPad which has, until now, been absolutely fine. In the past I have occasionally had a problem with the iPad seeing Tidal but was able to solve the problem by disconnecting the power to the Aries and then reconnecting it. After this Tidal would once again be accessible from the iPad. As of the end of last week this no longer works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so how have you solved it? If you have, that is?

Fellas? Ladies? Tech Nerds?

I used to have a bit of trouble with my IPad finding the Aries on startup or if I had not issued an instruction for a while but turning off and on etc. usually fixed it. But since a firmware upgraded a few months ago it has been very unstable and slow to react. A mate came around and suggested it could easily wifi issue so I connected the Aries to the modem via Ethernet cable and the problem COMPLETELY disappeared. Googled the issue and discovered there was a bad batch of wifi modules that went into someAries and with the extra work they were doing after the firmware upgrade (upsampling options....don’t really understand) these units are not coping. I contacted Auralic and as it is still under warranty they are currently checking it out. In the US unfortunately and I carry the shipping costs.☹️

https://community.auralic.com/t/problems-with-wifi-auralic-aries/2516

Edited by Pebbles

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I’ve started to have trouble with the entire device crashing while using Tidal. It stops responding, but continues to play the last song for a minute or so, then stops and will only power down. It then won’t power up again without the power supply being cycled. This all over wired ethernet, with a very fast fibre connection. Local streaming is generally flawless. 

I’m not sure if my experience is relevant to you Derek although my Aries had begun to crash on occasions but not when connected via Ethernet although I did not operate it under those conditions for long.

After speaking to Auralic support and as it was still under warranty I sent it to them (USA ) by Aus Post international express, took about a week and cost $60. Auralic had it for 2 to 3 days and then contacted me to say they had repaired it and were returning it by Fedex...no charge. The issue was an unstable wifi module, a known issue.  Arrived back 2 days later and so far it is working perfectly.  I think Auralic support is good so I would be emailing them. It’s the same guy who responds for Auralic in forums and he replies promptly. 

5 hours ago, Pebbles said:

I’m not sure if my experience is relevant to you Derek although my Aries had begun to crash on occasions but not when connected via Ethernet although I did not operate it under those conditions for long.

After speaking to Auralic support and as it was still under warranty I sent it to them (USA ) by Aus Post international express, took about a week and cost $60. Auralic had it for 2 to 3 days and then contacted me to say they had repaired it and were returning it by Fedex...no charge. The issue was an unstable wifi module, a known issue.  Arrived back 2 days later and so far it is working perfectly.  I think Auralic support is good so I would be emailing them. It’s the same guy who responds for Auralic in forums and he replies promptly. 

Good to hear that they are still replacing failed wifi modules.

Actually, I think the issue is Auralic’s MQA unfolding - no problems with redbook streaming. I guess I’ll just disable it

So it only happens when playing masters files? Strange . I still think its worth at least hopping on the Auralic forums and seeing if anyone has had a similar issue or possible solutions.