Jump to content

Snoopy8

Room correction with Upnp

Recommended Posts

Is anyone doing room correction with Upnp?  Am looking for a solution that can be configured (i.e. not requiring technical set up) using BubbleUpnp as controller, get music from a NAS, apply room correction and stream to Upnp renderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snoopy8 said:

Is anyone doing room correction with Upnp?  Am looking for a solution that can be configured (i.e. not requiring technical set up) using BubbleUpnp as controller, get music from a NAS, apply room correction and stream to Upnp renderer.

I don't have one but recently read about this:

 

https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd-studio

 

It runs Volumio (which should include UPnP renderer as per normal Volumio) and integrates Dirac Live. You could contact Volumio to double check.

 

Features digital coax output (RCA SPDIF) (24bit / 96kHz output)

 

Another option is a 2-box solution:

 

An Allow DigiOne (can run Volumio or Moode Audio or DietPi or whatever which all feature UPnP Renderer) feeding a miniDSP DDRC-22D (running Dirac Live again).

 

The DDRC-22D features TOSlink and RCA SPDIF and AES3 inputs and outputs.

 

https://www.minidsp.com/dirac-series/ddrc-22d

 

https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione-player.html

 

Edited by Music2496

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Music2496 said:

I don't have one but recently read about this:

 

https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd-studio

 

It runs Volumio (which should include UPnP renderer as per normal Volumio) and integrates Dirac Live. You could contact Volumio to double check.

 

Features digital coax output (RCA SPDIF) (24bit / 96kHz output)

 

Another option is a 2-box solution:

 

An Allow DigiOne (can run Volumio or Moode Audio or DietPi or whatever which all feature UPnP Renderer) feeding a miniDSP DDRC-22D (running Dirac Live again).

 

The DDRC-22D features TOSlink and RCA SPDIF and AES3 inputs and outputs.

 

https://www.minidsp.com/dirac-series/ddrc-22d

 

https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione-player.html

 

I did investigate the miniDSP range.  SHD Studio does have Volumio which is not yet fully integrated e.g. no master volume control.  Volumio's role as a player will run Dirac Live and feed the results to the digital outputs.  But I doubt it will do Dirac Live and output via Upnp?   

The DDRC-22D will output room corrected data to the digital ports, which is unfortunately not what I am after.  I already have the Upnp Renderer and I would like to feed it room corrected data via Upnp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

But I doubt it will do Dirac Live and output via Upnp? 

 

26 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

I already have the Upnp Renderer and I would like to feed it room corrected data via Upnp.

Now I understand what you're after. Apologies.

 

Hopefully someone can confirm if what you're looking for exists but I'm not aware.

 

Is this for your Phantom's running as UPnP renderer? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Music2496 said:

Is this for your Phantom's running as UPnP renderer? 

Spot on, but I did not mention it because it should not be the focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Spot on, but I did not mention it because it should not be the focus.

Understood. Hopefully someone can help with your UPnP query.

 

In the mean time I bet you're hanging out for Roon Ready-ness... as Roon allows importing of digital room EQ filters (as I'm sure you know).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jriver should support filters as well but I never used this functionality so can’t comment, you should be able to find more info on jriver forum or wiki site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Music2496 said:

In the mean time I bet you're hanging out for Roon Ready-ness... as Roon allows importing of digital room EQ filters (as I'm sure you know).

The Phantoms are Roon Tested which means it works with Roon Air, but sound quality is not as good as Upnp. Hoping they become Roon Ready soon, but Devialet will not say anything. 

12 hours ago, kukynas said:

Jriver should support filters as well but I never used this functionality so can’t comment, you should be able to find more info on jriver forum or wiki site 

Have not used JRiver. But I understand that DSP only works for local zones but not Upnp? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried it so not sure but you can configure Jriver in several ways as server, controller or streamer so I would assume DSP would work accordingly in those modes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a follow up, room correction with UPnP can be done using Minimserver which runs on Windows, Mac and Linux. Minimserver can also run on NAS and Raspberry Pi but the hardware may struggle to run convolution. room correction.

 

Am running Snakeoil (Linux) on an Intel NUC box.  Results are excellent, with improved resolution, more precise placement of instruments and a wider, deeper, more airy sound stage. 
 

The steps involved:

  1. Install Minimserver and ffmpeg (version 4.1 or later) on server
  2. Install Minimwatch on PC or server
  3. Using Minimwatch/Properties, set up convolution

    [Image: image.png]
    In contentDir, set up music folders

    [Image: image.png]
    Install Minimstreamer (screenshot shows completed process)

    [Image: image.png]
    Enter convolution parameters.  stream.converter should be ffmpeg.  Add in stream.options, stream.transcode, see Minimstreamer doc.
     
  4. If new to convolution filters, easiest is to follow this Roon guide
  5. Will need a UPnP controller e.g. BubbleUPnP (Google Play) and a UPnP renderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...