Sign in to follow this  
ZOOTYtooty

SOLD: FS: Threshold S200 Power amplifier

Item: Threshold S200 power amplifier
Price: $1200 Sale Pending payment
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Need a matched pair for speakers with active 2-way crossover
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Here is a stunning Threshold S200 Stassis power amplifier. Rare and beautiful!

It is in absolutely lovely condition and has just come out of 10Years storage, brought up to voltage slowly and is sounding superb!

The manual is included and postage is possible at buyers expense.

The voltage on the rear has a sticker from the UK 220V, but the transformer has 120v and 120v primary thus clearly a 240v transformer (picture included). 

IMG_8298.thumb.JPG.4f612fc0a0651df4b3e7b66e76d1582d.JPGIMG_8299.thumb.JPG.a3700d3356d39a7a325e84c4255ea1d2.JPGIMG_8300.thumb.JPG.f3cba145e22c86d5fa21be623265cf8b.JPGIMG_8301.thumb.JPG.626d296bfe5268463b8e6d564f379105.JPGIMG_8303.thumb.JPG.8f585f652d18f83e8c7bcf32fe9dc96b.JPGIMG_8304.thumb.JPG.8c02335358b1727676beab2e3ff64b3f.JPGIMG_8305.thumb.JPG.4539da3447dd5e839737e33f704e72a9.JPGIMG_8306.thumb.JPG.a357dd6466d09250511e0c1de2386dd2.JPGIMG_8309.thumb.JPG.4098081cd9efea15a36824068b6f90c5.JPGIMG_8310.thumb.JPG.55aaa0d332ed7fa7657ddca91a6389e4.JPGIMG_8311.thumb.JPG.05d51eee1190ceec2494ffa8640e6524.JPG

Pictures:

Edited by ZOOTYtooty

@ZOOTYtooty - haha, look at all the HiFiNews in the background!  ;) 

9 minutes ago, candyflip said:

haha, look at all the HiFiNews in the background!  ;)

Loving them! @shovel 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By thejt
      Item: Shanling MC-30 Music Centre (Valves)
      Price: $625 or $650 with Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too much gear
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Shipped - Direct Deposit
      Extra Info:

I am the second owner of this locally delivered 240V unit and I am sure I will regret selling this later. Ask anyone who has ever come across one of these and they will back me up with how they were blown away by this little unit. The build quality is excellent, thick aluminium body and heavy transformers. The design is well thought out with the feet all featuring levelling. The sound it makes is lush and although it seems like it would not create a generous amount of sound at 3W (Class A) I can fill a lounge room with gorgeous sound without even going half way on the dial. This is without even using easy to drive speakers, I had used Quad 11L and Dynaudio Contour 1.32E which are both only about 86dB. It has a pre-out should you want more power, but I tried using a Quad 909 and preferred it direct. The unit actually provided more bass on its own. Feature wise, CD player, FM and AM radio, 3.5mm input and RCA input which should cover everything you could want. 

The original owner lost the remote but the unit can be operated from the controls on the device itself. Volume adjustment is a bit of a chore like that though so I picked up a Logitech universal unit which I can include for an extra $25 (cost $70). A common issue with many Shanling CD players is the occasion pause during cd playback but this is occurs only very occasionally and lasts about 1 - 2 seconds before resuming. The MC-30 has been otherwise faultless. I have the original double box so can ship at buyers risk if desired but note it is fairly heavy. Great chance to get into valves or Class A amplification without too much outlay. Questions welcome and I will try to answer best I can. Donation on sale to SNA. Please look at all the glowey bits in the pictures!

Praise:

https://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/308shan/index.html

http://www.charismaaudio.com/products/shanling/mc30.htm

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Highpower
      Item: Denon PMA-880R Class A Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $300 
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Accumulated too much hifi gear and about to move to a new house
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
      Extra Info: This Denon PMA-880R Optical Class A Integrated Amplifier complete with RC-156 remote control and Operating Instructions is in mint condition. This amplifier was made in Japan in 1993.  Amps made by Denon in this era were considered to be the best amps that Denon ever made. These amps hardly ever come up for sale.

I have owned this amplifier from new and it has been very well looked after. The amplifier and remote control still look brand new and are unmarked. It's whole life has been in a cabinet behind a glass door, which is why it still looks brand new.

This Class A integrated amplifier has a very clean, detailed and powerful output that is impressive for both analogue and digital sources. There are no crackles or hums present and it performs just as well as the day I purchased it.

The PMA-880R has a solid power supply that uses a shielded toroidal transformer, and a pair of large 12,000uF capacitors for voltage smoothing and a very substantial heat sink. It features a source direct switch for tone controls bypass and optical connection between amplifier stages for detailed sound. Speakers can be connected via A, B, A B front switching. The speaker binding posts accommodate bare wires or banana plugs. The power rating is 2 x 75W RMS at 8 ohms or 2 x 120W at 4 ohms. The Denon PMA-880R uses an Optical class A circuit design for optimum sound quality. Source Direct can be used to bypass tone controls. The Denon PMA-880R accommodates both MM moving magnet and MC moving coil Phono options via front switching.

The Denon PMA-880R has the following RCA inputs: Phono, CD, Tuner, Aux, DAT/Tape-1, DAT/Tape-2. The amp also has a Record Out Selector a headphone jack, and a loudness button.

The specifications are as follows:

Power output: 75 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.02%
      Input sensitivity: 0.2mV (MC), 2.5mV (MM), 150mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 76dB (MC), 94dB (MM), 110dB (line)
      Output: 150mV (line)
      Dimensions: 434 x 160 x 353mm
      Weight: 8.2kg
      Accessories: RC-156 remote control

• By tominmelb
      Item: Unison Research Unico Secondo Hybrid Tube Amp
      Price:  $1800.00
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: To fund other purchases.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal.
      Extra Info:  Beautiful Italian made hybrid tube amp in mint condition.  Has optional phono card installed ($RRPP $4400).  Comes with all original packaging and remote.  From a smoke and pet free home (and a child free room)

• By Razuu
      Hi

This is actually a reply to another SN member's review of his Luxman 509X Int Amp.

After replying, I thought it would be nice to share it with other SN members. Just my thoughts on the three Luxman amps I have owned over the last few years.

I have been lucky enough in the last few years to have own the 550AX Class A as my first Luxman Int Amp, then due to a house move, needed more power, I got the 590AXII Class A, now living most of my time in Thailand, I am enjoying the 509X Class AB. I have also listened to the 507uX Class AB extensively.

My gear from the 550AX to 590AXII and 509X haven't changed - Macbook > JRiver or Roon App > Chord Hugo TT DAC (Cable = Audioquest Diamond USB from Mac to Hugo TT) > every Luxman Amp (Cables = MIT SL8 RCA interconnects) > Spendor D7 SPEAKERS (Cables MIT SL 9). 

Quick rating of each amp:
      1. 550AX Class A 20 watts pc. (Build - 8) - (Look - 10 - if you like the Retro style) - (Power/Drive - 8 - ONLY if you have a small room, efficient speakers & don't listen loud) - (Clarity/Details - 7) - (Quietness - 7) - (Soul/Emotion - 8) 
      2. 590AXII Class A 30 watts pc. (Build - 9) - (Look - 10 - if you like the Retro style) - (Power/Drive - 8 - ONLY if you have a small/medium room & efficient speakers) - (Clarity/Details - 8) - (Quietness - 8) - (Soul/Emotion - 9) 
      3. 509X Class AB 120 watts pc. (Build - 9.5) - (Look - 10 - if you like the Retro style) - (Power/Drive - 9.5 - Most room sizes and most speakers) - (Clarity/Details - 9.5) - (Quietness - 9.5) - (Soul/Emotion - 8)

Quick summary of each amp:
      1. 550AX Class A 20 watts pc. Fantastic Class A Int Amp. Low power, which leads to other limitations. Only buy if you don't have enough money to buy the 590AXII for more Power and Soul/Emotion.  
      2. 590AXII Class A 30 watts pc. Great Class A Int Amp. Still low power for larger rooms. BUT simply amazing tones that ooze Soul and Emotion especially in vocals and acoustic music. Luxman Class A Masterpiece.
      3. 509X Class AB 120 watts pc. Stunning Class AB Int Amp. Tons of power and punch. So quiet, so much details, so clean, etc. Only negative against the 590AXII - doesn't have that Luxman Class A Soul and Emotion. Against Class AB Amp in this price range, the 509X has very few to no rivals. 

My "Ultimate" Amp:
      *A Luxman because of the build quality, features and acceptable price. Compared to nearest & equal rival, Accuphase, Luxmans are a bargain.
      *A Luxman Class A Int Amp for the tone, soul and emotions that they produce.
      *A Luxman Class A 60 watts pc Int Amp!! - maybe impossible and imagine the heat!

Play more music!

To the 2 SN members who bought my 550AX and 590AXII, hope you are enjoying them.

Photos of 550AX, 590AXII and 509X 

• By hayaya1221
      Item: Accuphase A30
      Price: 3150
      Item Condition: Fully functional, pure class A
      Reason for selling:Upgrading to A47 or upper model
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Pictures: