65" FZ950 OLED now under $3k. Buy or wait for GZ950?

On 06/04/2019 at 8:29 AM, Nevyn72 said:

Use the code PLOT10 for a $200 discount before 8/4/19.

Thanks for that link. I just pulled the pin on the 55" model for my PC setup. I can't wait to see what my motor racing sim looks like on this OLED TV.

47 minutes ago, Whites said:

Wow that is a good price.

I am waiting for the Sony A8F to get cheaper, but this is tempting.

How much is the sony going for atm? Is it equal in features to the panasonic?

My 55" FZ950 arrived today. I very carefully unpacked it and set it up. I was very impressed with the stunning clarity of the picture until I noticed a cluster of dead pixels fairly close to the centre on the screen. I got straight on to The Good Guys. They asked me to email them a photo. I did this and they emailed me back asking me to perform a "Pixel Refresh". The closest thing I could find in the menu was "Panel Maintenance". I ran this and it warned me it would take 80 minutes so I went out for a bit. It seems to have improved a things bit, cleaning up a lot of the single dead pixels but I am still left with 4 black dots. With a magnifier I can see that two of the dots are 4 pixels, one is 6 pixels and one is a single pixel. They are all within about 2cm of each other. I'll run the panel maintenance again tonight. I think if it's not fixed I should insist on a replacement. Rotten luck.