Low ripple budget psu?

I originally posted this in the wrong section. I am looking for a low ripple budget psu, actually 3 of them. Doesnt have to be fanless or modular. One is for my music streaming pc (i3, 8gb ram, no screen) the other two for media centre pcs (i7, 16gb ram and dedicated graphics)

• 1 month later...
Everyones "budget" will be different, whats the price range your working with for each psu? 
More importantly how much power does each PC need (max) 120W? 400W? 1000W? If not sure, plug the specs for each pc into this PSU Calculator (Basic version is fine). 

Im glad someone responded because i have been eagerly researching this tonight..
I currently use a mini atx motherboard with a very loud psu. Its in a low profile silverstone case, 1150pin intel cpu, not graphics card. Using foobar on windows 10 with the ram loading/ram play function(best free little trick i have ever found)
Now i use a usb output to my dac, motherboard also has optical, coax and hdmi but i want to play dsd files and as far as i know usb is the only way of doing it? I dont have i2s on my dac so i cant use hdmi to i2s for dsd.. That would be nice to try though.
So i am looking for a power supply (preferrably fanless and hopefully linear) for under $500.. That is the size of a normal computer psu.
I was offered a 200watt hd plex linear external psu for $300 however my motherboard does not have external psu input. I would need to create a whole new system with a mini itx motherboard and possibly buy a new case.

So thats where i am at at the moment

Guest rmpfyf
4 hours ago, anewmission said:

Im glad someone responded because i have been eagerly researching this tonight..
I currently use a mini atx motherboard with a very loud psu. Its in a low profile silverstone case, 1150pin intel cpu, not graphics card. Using foobar on windows 10 with the ram loading/ram play function(best free little trick i have ever found)
Now i use a usb output to my dac, motherboard also has optical, coax and hdmi but i want to play dsd files and as far as i know usb is the only way of doing it? I dont have i2s on my dac so i cant use hdmi to i2s for dsd.. That would be nice to try though.
So i am looking for a power supply (preferrably fanless and hopefully linear) for under $500.. That is the size of a normal computer psu.
I was offered a 200watt hd plex linear external psu for $300 however my motherboard does not have external psu input. I would need to create a whole new system with a mini itx motherboard and possibly buy a new case.

So thats where i am at at the moment

Take that HD-Plex and combine it with an internal DC-DC at 200W+, and you are done. Getting DC in might be finicky as the HD-Plex have terminations for their own range of cases but it should work. 

No ilnear PSU of the power you want is going to compete with a similar power switch mode device, unfortunately.

Take that HD-Plex and combine it with an internal DC-DC at 200W+, and you are done. Getting DC in might be finicky as the HD-Plex have terminations for their own range of cases but it should work. 

No ilnear PSU of the power you want is going to compete with a similar power switch mode device, unfortunately.
How much of a difference is this going to make compared to a regular fanless psu?

Guest rmpfyf
2 hours ago, anewmission said:
10 hours ago, rmpfyf said:

How much of a difference is this going to make compared to a regular fanless psu?

A good bit if you OS and PC hardware is accordingly optimised for it, and particularly so if it depends on it.

An i7 at full pelt isn’t a best start though. You’d want lower power draw to make the most of it. What’s the rest of your config?

A good bit if you OS and PC hardware is accordingly optimised for it, and particularly so if it depends on it.

An i7 at full pelt isn’t a best start though. You’d want lower power draw to make the most of it. What’s the rest of your config?
Yeh its not an i7. Just a dual core g3220. 1150 pin, i think 5th or 6th gen.
120gb ssd, some type of gigabyte motherboard.
I really like the chassis, its a silverstone milo.
Using windows 10 with foobar, minim server and linn kazoo as remote on my phone.
Ive tried linux but havent been able to get tidal mqa working with linux.
Im starting to think i would be better off using an intel nuc or even a raspberry pi.
Would be much more silent i guess, what do you think?

Guest rmpfyf
3 hours ago, anewmission said:

Yeh its not an i7. Just a dual core g3220. 1150 pin, i think 5th or 6th gen.
120gb ssd, some type of gigabyte motherboard.
I really like the chassis, its a silverstone milo.
Using windows 10 with foobar, minim server and linn kazoo as remote on my phone.
Ive tried linux but havent been able to get tidal mqa working with linux.
Im starting to think i would be better off using an intel nuc or even a raspberry pi.
Would be much more silent i guess, what do you think?

That'll be fine-ish, it's a moderate power part at 53W TDP when most audio solutions are at 35W TDP or less. You an make it work by deliberately turning clock speed down. 

Power the SSD independently. 

A NUC isn't going to be significantly different; a Pi is a nice thing if your needs are simple.