FOUND: WTB: Floorstanding Speakers

ElDuderino

Item: ProAc Studio 140 Dynaudio excite x34??

...open to suggestions

Price Range: up to $3000

Item Condition: Used

Extra Info: Been an MA fan for 15 years, having owned bronze and silver series variants.

I currently run RX2's with an entry level REL, and love the detail and openness of the upper range, but I'm looking for a little more speed and punch from the nether regions.

A friend of mine has Studio 140's from ProAc and I've always loved their sound...really fun and musical

I've also had some exposure to Epos m22 and found them to be pretty nice as well.

Anyway, as I said, I'm open to suggestions if you have something you'd like to move on that fit in with some of the descriptors above.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, ElDuderino said:

Item: Monitor Audio RX6 or ProAc Studio 140??
...but open to suggestions

Price Range: up to $1800

Item Condition: Used

Extra Info: Been an MA fan for 15 years, having owned bronze and silver series variants.

I currently run RX2's with an entry level REL, and love the detail and openness of the upper range, but I'm looking for a little more speed and punch from the nether regions.

Try these. Very nice indeed.

https://klappav.com.au/products/silver-200-speaker-pair-walnut

If you are willing to look at other brands, these are very good as well and I would say getting them into your budget would be quite easy

https://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/speakers/floorstanders/dynaudio-m30-speaker.html

Edited by rantan

Love your work[mention=110255]rantan[/mention] ...another quality post, thanks for that. [emoji106]

Looks like a bargain mate. I'll have to get down there for a listen

I'm pretty sure I've noticed that you're an MA fan as well. Do you have any experience with this model?

I'll look into those dyns as well. Cheers

Just now, ElDuderino said:

Love your work@rantan ...another quality post, thanks for that. emoji106.png

Looks like a bargain mate. I'll have to get down there for a listen

I'm pretty sure I've noticed that you're an MA fan as well. Do you have any experience with this model?

Yes. A life long fan here. I used to sell them way back in the day when I worked for the then distributor and have had many of their models over a very long time.

I only heard the Silver 200 briefly in a very tiny room ,with music I had never heard, but they seemed very promising. As you may know, the bass isn't likely to rattle your windows but it is very tuneful and agile and you could try them with and without your sub. Most definitely worth an audition though and that is a killer price.

Being honest, I was tempted myself but I have no space and no spare cash.?

Thanks for the feedback, they're an easy speaker to like, I reckon.

It's hard to go past some of the second hand bargains we see in here, but that price is very tempting... a killer price and I've teed up an audition for tomorrow [emoji39]

Having said that, I am open to exploring other brands too, so I might also take a peak at the stock at Carlton AV

Yes. A life long fan here. I used to sell them way back in the day when I worked for the then distributor and have had many of their models over a very long time.

I only heard the Silver 200 briefly in a very tiny room ,with music I had never heard, but they seemed very promising. As you may know, the bass isn't likely to rattle your windows but it is very tuneful and agile and you could try them with and without your sub. Most definitely worth an audition though and that is a killer price.

Being honest, I was tempted myself but I have no space and no spare cash.[emoji3]
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ElDuderino said:

Thanks for the feedback, they're an easy speaker to like, I reckon.

It's hard to go past some of the second hand bargains we see in here, but that price is very tempting... a killer price and I've teed up an audition for tomorrow emoji39.png

Having said that, I am open to exploring other brands too, so I might also take a peak at the stock at Carlton AV

Be sure to let me ( us ) know what you think and also, if you get to try the Emit 30 at CAV, I would be interested in your opinion on those as well.

Happy auditioning .:party

• Like 1

Ok, so today I began my day of auditioning at Klapp Audio, with the:

MA Silver 200 $1720 ex demo;

B&W 704 $3800

Easy winner for me was the MA, despite the price difference, unless you're into big orchestral music.

The MA's were far more detailed in my opinion, and precise. But I was left feeling a bit like the Ma's precision was a little cold and unfeeling

So, off to Carlton AV to compare:

MA again;

Legend Kama 9 $2k;

Dynaudio Emit m30 $2k

Same impression here from the Ma's, in a different room, with different kit.They sounded pretty much exactly the same. Precise but way too cold. Especially once the Legends came on...

The legends were a fun sounding speaker with heaps of bass, but the upper mids were a little clumsy for mine. They lacked the precision of the Ma's, but more than made up for it in the bottom end. But they made the Ma's sound ultra conservative and uptight.

On to the Dynaudios...well, these just blew the other two away. There were four pyramid shaped piles of dust where the other two pairs used to be.

To my ears, the Dyns were superior at every level of the spectrum, and not just by a little bit.

I loved them. Wide open presentation. Huge dynamic range with loads of bass without being boofy at all. Clear and breathy treble. So refined in comparison. Brilliant speakers for that money.

But here's the catch...I don't think I can do black or white speakers! To me, speakers need a timber finish, they just do. C'mon Dynaudio, you're Danish! A nice blonde timber finish will do!

Anyway, those are my thoughts for anyone interested. As for the black or white? I'll give it some more thought to see if I can live with it.

Love to hear people's thoughts or suggestions, especially if they're looking to move some floorstanders. I'm still in the market...I think [emoji51]

• Like 1

Mate i am maybe going to sell my Tannoy Xt8 f ..
I had a listen to Ma. Dynaudio , Martin logan and paradigm and these Tannoys outshimed them all. Not making any speaker brand bad but these are awesome. I have the new silver series to compare side by side.

I'll be selling some Osborn Eclipse in Jarrah soon,
They're in pretty good nick .
I'll be looking for $2300
Cheers 65Eclipse.
Thanks. I've been curious about Osborn Speakers actually...stunning to look at (imo), but I've not had the chance to run the ears over them.

I'll pm you [emoji106]