Sign in to follow this  
thathifiguy

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

I have been playing this over the course of the last week on my PS4 Pro and I think I'm addicted.

It is the latest release from From Software, the same studio renowned for the Dark Souls games.

I never got into the Dark Souls games myself, but was very into the original, Demon Souls.

This has a very different feel, but similarly punishes you for taking needless risks.

One thing that is interesting is there seem to be many "boss" type enemies who all (IME so far) fight differently, so you can forget about using the same techniques each battle.

Certainly keeping me on my toes and well worth a look, but you will need patience!

So my son (16yo) managed to convince me that Dark Souls was suitable for him. He loves it  

he’s now talking about getting Sekiro. 

In your opinion what’s it like compared to Dark Souls. I’m thinking stuff like graphic violence, sexism etc (the stuff that a concerned parent worries too much about)

14 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

So my son (16yo) managed to convince me that Dark Souls was suitable for him. He loves it  

he’s now talking about getting Sekiro. 

In your opinion what’s it like compared to Dark Souls. I’m thinking stuff like graphic violence, sexism etc (the stuff that a concerned parent worries too much about)

I haven't seen any sexual stuff at all, I don't get the impression I will as it's all about Samurai and honor and all that jazz.

With regards to violence, it's probably a bit more gruesome if for nothing more than the fact that you're not killing monsters and demons but often other human warriors.

Having said that, I don't think it is over gratuities, well not compared to other games I guess. 

1 minute ago, thathifiguy said:

I haven't seen any sexual stuff at all, I don't get the impression I will as it's all about Samurai and honor and all that jazz.

With regards to violence, it's probably a bit more gruesome if for nothing more than the fact that you're not killing monsters and demons but often other human warriors.

Having said that, I don't think it is over gratuities, well not compared to other games I guess. 

Thanks !

dark souls was pretty violent but I did a deal with my son that he had to turn off the gore. Hopefully there’s a similar setting on Sekiro

21 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Thanks !

dark souls was pretty violent but I did a deal with my son that he had to turn off the gore. Hopefully there’s a similar setting on Sekiro

Now that you mention it, I think I did see some kind of option like that when I started the game. I'll take a look tonight and let you know.

22 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Thanks !

I can confirm that there is an option to turn off blood. It is however very easy to toggle on/off.

Looking forward to picking this up in a few weeks (once I tire of Division 2!). I was initially hesitant given the move away from blocking (Darksouls) and safe parrying (Bloodborne) toward risky parrying - was this going to be too hard???

...but now the community is already down to sub 40min speed runs in less than 2 weeks so I guess it's just about getting good!

1 hour ago, nedrum said:

Looking forward to picking this up in a few weeks (once I tire of Division 2!). I was initially hesitant given the move away from blocking (Darksouls) and safe parrying (Bloodborne) toward risky parrying - was this going to be too hard???

...but now the community is already down to sub 40min speed runs in less than 2 weeks so I guess it's just about getting good!

Well, looks like I have a ways to go!