Sign in to follow this  
migasson

Stax L500 with SRM 252s

So.

I made a really silly error, and finally listened to the Stax L500, with the SRM 252s. I proceeded to order it😂

One of the biggest things I can say, is that for me, most dynamics sound better when tubes are added. They seem to inject life into them, and it becomes about the music, and the fact that you want to play just one more recording. So, the setup ends up going north of $2000. With this, I get that same life, intimacy with $1599 worth. I chose it over the cheaper L300, as it’s more comfortable. And the L500 is half the price of the L700, so that’s a win too. As a combination, I haven’t heard anything that’ll compete with this for under $2500K 

It adds a vividness, a “at there” sense of being with the musician. I’m converted, and I no longer lust after a HD800.

Unfortunately the guys in the hifi store and customers had to put up with some weirdo miming tunes and bobbing his head in a blissful state😋

Will post pics of my complete system!

There is something about the analog nature of tubes that conveys music tonality better.

On 31/03/2019 at 9:30 AM, migasson said:

So.

I made a really silly error, and finally listened to the Stax L500, with the SRM 252s. I proceeded to order it😂

One of the biggest things I can say, is that for me, most dynamics sound better when tubes are added. They seem to inject life into them, and it becomes about the music, and the fact that you want to play just one more recording. So, the setup ends up going north of $2000. With this, I get that same life, intimacy with $1599 worth. I chose it over the cheaper L300, as it’s more comfortable. And the L500 is half the price of the L700, so that’s a win too. As a combination, I haven’t heard anything that’ll compete with this for under $2500K 

It adds a vividness, a “at there” sense of being with the musician. I’m converted, and I no longer lust after a HD800.

Unfortunately the guys in the hifi store and customers had to put up with some weirdo miming tunes and bobbing his head in a blissful state😋

Will post pics of my complete system!

Looking forward to the photos

Congrats on the new acquisition!  I recently picked up a secondhand SR-007 MkII and like it a lot.

Will post my setup pics once I’ve rearranged my setup, blowing me away right now😊 - stunning sound😊

All setup properly 😊 

Rega Planar 3, Ortofon Quintet Red, Fono MC, Schiit SYS, Audioquest Dragonfly Black, Stax SRM-252s, Stax L500 - no stand yet😜

A33E122A-15DE-40F5-A797-5EC5C33F9DE6.jpeg

On 06/04/2019 at 4:22 PM, migasson said:

All setup properly 😊 

Rega Planar 3, Ortofon Quintet Red, Fono MC, Schiit SYS, Audioquest Dragonfly Black, Stax SRM-252s, Stax L500 - no stand yet😜

A33E122A-15DE-40F5-A797-5EC5C33F9DE6.jpeg

Looks great! You must be a happy chappy