Crowdsourcing re Integrated amplifiers

Hi all,

I'm torn between Creek Evo 50A and Arcam A19. I'm looking for something that doesn't sound too hard and aggressive. And also does any of them have a pre out for a subwoofer as I would like to a subwoofer in the system.

Thanks all.

I don't think Arcam or Creek have ever been referred to as hard or aggressive.  I believe Creek have a slightly softer presentation than Arcam but I haven't heard either of those two amps specifically.

Can you demo?

• Like 2

Both sound quite similar to each other, both have pre out ,but the  Arcam does have a phono stage as standard ( this is optional on the Creek )

Personally I prefer the Creek tonally and I would pay for the phono module.

The fact that it does better with slightly more difficult speakers is a bonus but neither could ever be described as harsh. You can leave that to Rotel and Audiolab

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gazer01 said:

I guess I'll go with Creek then. Can the pre out be used for a sub? Thanks.

I would think so, but I am not 100% certain. It is probably fine ans it would be best to connect the sub via line level input to the amp.

I've always used pre outs for driving a sub. so cant see bother. can always yes use the sub volume to dial in just how much sub you want you'd only od this once to integrate with your main speakers after that should be set forget :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Creek fan  and have owned a Arcam Fgm Ar 19. The Arcam sounded like listening to creek gear underwater (pardon the pun). Selby Thornbury are selling the creek gear cheap as  it is a brand that Selby do not usually stock but they inherited when they purchased a store and stock from Hi Tek Hi Fi.

On 18/04/2019 at 9:29 PM, jimbobbity said:

I am a Creek fan  and have owned a Arcam Fgm Ar 19. The Arcam sounded like listening to creek gear underwater (pardon the pun). Selby Thornbury are selling the creek gear cheap as  it is a brand that Selby do not usually stock but they inherited when they purchased a store and stock from Hi Tek Hi Fi.

Hmmm, wondering how it got 5 stars in What hifi. Anyway, I changed my mind. I'm planning to get the Quasimodo amp.