Servicing a Nakamichi DRAGON Tape Deck

21 minutes ago, thewaves said:

@Johnk do you know someone who can service this?

I could be wrong so don’t hold you hopes up but @Zaphod Beeblebrox would be your best bet.

1 hour ago, silencer13 said:

WOW! Back in the day, this was THE tape deck everyone wanted to own.

Yep!  All I could do as a teenager was being a proud owner of a Nakamichi BX1....  

reference brand for tapes.....   could never forget as a teenager walking into Bridge Rd Richmond enterance  of Encel Hifi and the entire Range of Nakamichi was there on the shelf!  I can still picture that to this day! 

• Like 3

I recommend servicing the Nakamichi Dragon as mentioned above seems they are the best qualified [emoji106]
I was told if you don’t take it to someone who knows about these tape decks they will replace with inferior parts & won’t perform as it should

2 hours ago, Johnk said:

I recommend servicing the Nakamichi Dragon as mentioned above seems they are the best qualified emoji106.png
I was told if you don’t take it to someone who knows about these tape decks they will replace with inferior parts & won’t perform as it should

Being an ex-Nakamichi technician, Russell has all the custom tooling and jigs required to properly calibrate Nak transport mechanisms.

• Like 1