Ultrasonic Disc Cleaner

One of the forums members ‘Initforthemusic’ when we spoke today mentioned that he had just purchased a ultrasonic CD cleaner and he was very happy with the sq improvement from even a short clean. So of I went to the local Aldi and forked out the hefty sum of $29:99 for one of these little cleaners which are actually designed to clean up to two CD’s at once.

Did I noticed a difference after cleaning? Unless I’m imagining it, which is quite possible, I would say given the few disks I have cleaned for on average 3 minutes each the dynamics and clarity of the music is increased. I’ll keep cleaning a few more disks and see (hear) what comes of it.

Anyway just  wondering if anyone else has used a ultrasonic bath to clean their CD’s and what they found?

cheers Terry

8A6A3A95-B426-4CC8-9646-5F62C3F48B12.jpeg

0D8A1209-744B-4A0F-AB79-F79ED7024903.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 4

My local Aldi store had well over twenty of them stacked up, my guess is they aren’t selling well, chances are in another week they will drop the price further but at $30 rrp seriously who cares.

I’m actually thinking of buying a second one then I will be able to can clean four cd’s at once, which dramatically speeds up the job when you have as many CD’s as I do.

cheers Terry

2 hours ago, TerryO said:

My local Aldi store had well over twenty of them stacked up, my guess is they aren’t selling well, chances are in another week they will drop the price further but at $30 rrp seriously who cares.

I’m actually thinking of buying a second one then I will be able to can clean four cd’s at once, which dramatically speeds up the job when you have as many CD’s as I do.

cheers Terry

Terry's Silver Disc Cleaning Service could be a source of extra income in the near future?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TerryO said:

cheers Terry

Geez, how many Ultrasonic Cleaners will I need then?

Terry, for the extra benefit of a cheap upgrade, freeze the little biscuits/discs for a good fortnight. Trust me, it works. Tried a week, nada, 10-12 days not really... Over the 13 day mark, was astounded at the result. I reckon a few of the tech savvy guys can explain, I just used my ears.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bzr said:

Terry, for the extra benefit of a cheap upgrade, freeze the little biscuits/discs for a good fortnight. Trust me, it works. Tried a week, nada, 10-12 days not really... Over the 13 day mark, was astounded at the result. I reckon a few of the tech savvy guys can explain, I just used my ears.

Very cool music

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

i use Mr Sheen...

This works....

i have also use brasso or silvo to polish and finally windex for extremely damaged disc that errors and have brought them back to rip with no errors.  

4 hours ago, bzr said:

I’ve known techs to do this with HDD spinners and it works just to retrieve the data of it....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are these still available?

My friends tried to help me find them around lithgow/katoomba/penrith area but can't it. 

Let me know if you see them around those area. I'm in the blue mountains for a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.