Sign in to follow this  
mattb47

New comer enthusiast with the occasional TM listing

Hi all

Enjoyed reading plenty of forums but this is the first one I'm joining! 

20 years old from good old P North.

Current system:

B&W CM5s 

Audiolab 8200MB 

Cambridge 851N

Also have a Sansui AU-777 sitting on the sidelines! 

Music interests:

Pretty wide, primarily rock/metal... especially Tool & Marilyn Manson!

Looking forward to posting & hopefully contributing! Happy Sunday audiophiles 

Welcome mate - we share some musical interests.  :) 
Will Tool EVER release the fabled new album?   LOL.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By synthi
      Item: FS: Bowers & Wilkins B&W 802 Diamond (D2) in Rosenut
      Location: now Inner West, Melbourne, Victoria (formerly Geelong)
      Price: $12,000 (incl. $50 Stereonet donation)
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling:  Upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct Bank Deposit, Paypal if buyer covers the fees.
      Extra Info: B&W 802D2 in Rosenut in excellent condition. Includes all speaker grilles, original spike kits (with tommy bars), original castors (currently fitted) and bi-wire links. Manual is not present but PDF is available from B&W online (happy to print you one if you like). I don't have the crates, so shipping is not really an option unless the buyer is willing to pay for professional packaging, insurance to cover the agreed purchase price and appropriate transport (e.g. via Cope Sensitive Freight or similar). If you are reasonably close, then I can assist with transport (lets say within approx. 100km of Melbourne, open to discussion).

I purchased these from a fellow Stereonet member a few years ago and they are in perfect working order and excellent physical condition, as I hope shows through in the photos. I'm happy to send you full resolution images (~4MB JPEG ea) via email on request.

I welcome auditions and inspections. Tidal, CD and Vinyl playback available.

*** Note: I had these same speakers listed earlier in the year but ended up moving back to Melbourne from Geelong and decided not to re-list whilst I was busy with renovations. These are the same photos from that listing but the speakers are still in identical condition and have only had a few hours of play since then. ***

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By ArthurDent
      B&W 702 S2 presented by 'The Audio Experts'

7:45pm Wednesday 18th September

Willis Room, City of Whitehorse Offices
      Maroondah Highway (Whitehorse Road), Nunawading
      Melway Map 48 Ref G9

It has been over two years since the club was presented with a demonstration from the top-of-the-range B&W speakers, the 800 D3's. Back then, we were introduced to a lot of new innovations that has re-invented this model. In keeping with B&W's philosophy of trickle down technology, the new 702 S2 features many of the new technology from the 800 series.

This month we have 'The Audio Experts' aka Whatmough Audio, presenting at the MAC the new 702 S2 floor standing speaker, and its matching bookshelf model, the 705 S2. The speakers will be demonstrated with the same amplifier from PASS LABS the Model 60, while a Marantz KI Pearl SACD player will be playing the tunes.

B&W has used its new 'Continuum' midrange cone in the 700 series, replacing the old yellow coloured Kevlar design, and have included the 'tweeter-on -top' technology seen on the 800 series. Sitting in its own aluminium machined pod, the 25mm 'Carbon Dome' tweeter is decoupled from the cabinet. The 702 S2 is a conventional rectangular box that houses a 150mm Continuum FST Midrange driver that is also decoupled from the main box. A set of three 165mm Aerofoil drivers look after the bass frequencies.

Like the siblings in the 700 series, the 705 S2 features the new carbon tweeter dome that is more rigid than its previous model, with its first breakup mode now reaching out to 47 Khz. Around the back is the B&W characteristically 'dimpled' reflex port. Supplied with the speakers is a pair of foam bungs (full or half) to accommodate various room placements. The main 165mm mid/bass driver is the new silver coloured Continuum design, said to reach down to 45Hz.

With a number of significant upgrades to the new 702/705 models, they offer a taste of the 800-series sound without spending serious money. Will you be putting them on your Christmas list?

Nick Karayanis, Program Co-Ordinator.

Ken Tripp
      Wise and Wonderful Webmaster
      Melbourne Audio Club, Inc.

http://www.melbourneaudioclub.org.au
    • By HiFi-Man
      Item: Bowers & Wilkins 804S
      Price: $3500 firm
      Item Condition: 10/10 Like new,  not even single hairline scratch.
      Reason for selling: Downsizing 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal(As a friend or Covering paypal fees,  Bank transfer.
      Extra Info:
      These speakers need no description. Made in England. Its in immaculate condition. Please check the photos and video. 

When I say 'Firm on price',  I mean it. They are damn good speakers and I'm not in a hurry to sell them.

Photos:

Video: 

• By BR2
      Item:  Bowers & Wilkins HTM2 Nautilus
      Price: $500
      Item Condition:  GOOD
      Reason for selling: Surplus after moving house.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info: 
       No Boxes. 
      Pickup from Kallaroo W.A.
      Can post but buyer will need to arrange.
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.