Sign in to follow this  
Gary Pearce

Restored Braun SK61 Radiogram on TradeMe

It's a hipster special!

Matches that Parker sideboard etc.

1374633429_44745500.jpg

Loving that sideboard - very Scandinavian!

Mum's got one just like it, the bottle of Bacardi I found in it when I was 13 put me off white rum for life.

• Still can't even sniff a bottle cap without wanting to hurl  ?

I was like that for decades but some years ago a barman gave me a rum and coke rather than bourbon.....................and I managed to drink it OK.

Helped by the fact that the queue was long and I was 75% tanked already.

Now I can drink it as a mixer OK..................haven't been game to try it straight though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rawshack
      Price: $250 Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Bought these a couple of months ago, before I settled a new house so, along with some other things, has to find a new home. Drivers are magnavox circa 1960s. 

Lovely sounding vintage speakers and selling with a (genuine) heavy heart. 

Photos: 

• By Rawshack
      Price: $275 Item Condition: Good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving house Further information: 

Beautiful Vintage Sansui AU-101 amplifier in perfect working order. Recently serviced with all pots cleaned. 

Selling due to house move and need to clear the decks. 

Pick up in inner north melbourne or delivery at buyers cost via sendle or other courier.

Thanks

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By stearem
      Item: Vintage speakers - 12" 3-way - Auditone brand, Made in Australia 
      Price: $350
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Beautifully made speakers with high-quality drivers. Speakers are in excellent condition and perfect working order. There are a few marks on the cabinets but nothing major. Drivers are in superb condition. Very heavy, strong wood cabinets.

• By hiphile
      Item: NAD 5120 Turntable with Ortofon OM5E
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Excellent overall. Perfect working condition, great cosmetically (perspex lid has superficial scratches from years of being wiped/cleaned).
      Reason for selling: Upgraded to a new TT
      Extra Info:

This NAD 5120 is a time capsule. I bought it mint from a gentleman in the outer Melbourne suburbs in 2012, he had bought it brand new in the late 80s, used it for a couple of months then stopped using it and had put it back in its original box. For 20+ years it was in storage in its original box and when I bought it I had the pleasure to unbox it again. The sticky tape had almost perished / disintegrated and left a sticky mess.. nothing a citrus cleanser can't fix of course.

Sounded pretty good out of the box (I had it hooked up to a Rega Fono Mini) but I knew the original cartridge and stylus would've been long past its best before date. I put a fresh Ortofon OM5E, a new drive belt and took it to Carlton AV for a proper setup and voila, it sings!

Over the last 9 years I have enjoyed the NAD, listening on average only 1-2 hours per month - it did not get much use at all. Very very clean deck overall and well looked after. Stylus is regularly cleaned with a carbon bristle brush and has dust cap included.

The NAD 5120 is the epitome of NAD's quirkiness + 80s overengineering. The sub-plate is floating, suspended by springs, isolated from the main chassis from vibration. The counterweight is freely sprung in a magical 80s viscoelastic liquid in a reservoir! NAD calls it DVA - Dynamic Vibration Absorber. Patrick Bateman would've been really into this.

Lastly, it has a super handy auto-stop function which I really like.. you can listen to records to sleep and not worry about the stylus being ground to oblivion.

Own (and listen) to this 80s vintage piece of cool.

• By Artnet
      Item: Rega Planar2 (circa 1985)
      Price: $280.00
      Item Condition: Good for its age
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: Original owner of this Planar 2,  have used more recently with upgrades but selling as original,  no cart, original 240volt motor, replaced the standard belt 18months ago. Acrylic cover cleaning swirls only as pictured.
      Groove tracer upgrades are for sale on another add if interested.