Sign in to follow this  
aaron brunet

Selling Tannoy Monitor Gold 12"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrdave
      Price: $1500 Item Condition: Speakers: Excellent. Cabinets: Average. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Perth State: Western Australia Payment Method: Paypal, EFT or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Too large for room. Further information: 

Hi all,
      I have a pair of HPD385s in a Berkeley style cabinet for sale (Not actualy Berkeleys as these have a single rectangular port, rather than two cylindrical ones).
      They were purchased from Peter Keenan (ex-of Speakerbits in NSW) in 2013 and sent to me in Perth with Pack and Send.

Peter re-coned them and supplied some long-since lost response graphs, so they were loved up a little before I received them.
      Not 100% sure on the crossovers - they have some spring posts, which I've ignored, and some binding posts that work as expected.
      The cabinets aren't going to win any beauty pageants, but they're not completely unsightly, and the cloth is in good nick, albeit probably as old as me.

I've had a lot of fun with them, but they're way too big for the room they're in and are just gathering dust (and books, and Carver amps).
      I had grand plans to move the drivers into some Andrew Tilsley horns, but I think I've got other more pressing projects, so it's time to move them on.

As mentioned, they're in Perth.
      I'm advertising them for $1500+freight, but would be happy to discount that some if you were willing to pick up in person and pay cash.
      Happy to demo to local buyers, or for you to Facetime/Skype/whatevz if you're not local and want a closer look.
      Apologies for the quality of the photos - happy to provide more if required.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By 81Vintage
      Item: Custom Bookshelf Speakers, Tannoy Subwoofer
      Price: $750 - Price Drop $600 
      Item Condition: Used, Good Condition
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Speakers are a custom made bookshelf with Focal Tweeter, 7" Esoteric bass driver, QED Silver Cable, Jantzen Silver Z Caps, Jantzen Wax Coils with a receipt for over $2000 worth of parts, nothing skimped on.

Excellent crystal clear mids and highs from these, great for vocals and accoustic guitar detail and play through to electronic/synth stuff nicely aswell.

Because they are a small sealed design, they dont get below 70Hz so need small sub paired to get full sound. Works nicely with the Tannoy passive running from a modest amp.

The Tannoy sub is quite slim and can be hidden under a desk or beside the couch.

I had a Marantz PM493 running them previously which was 50w and also a Peachtree Nova 125 as my office/computer setup and they go nicely for close listening and smaller
      rooms, but no longer required as I have gone inwalls in my new office build and have nowhere else that needs a system.

• By rob2
      Item: Tannoy HPD 315a (12") Speakers
      Price: $1500 obo
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Item Condition: Very good indeed - small mark - photographed.
      Extra info: Cabinets are 3rd party but very well built, and Devon size cabinet, in wallnut I'd say. They are a small floorstander (similar in size to Klipsch Heresy) or large bookshelf. At this size they're very easy to fit into any lounge room. I've had them on the floor and raised up. I thought they sounded a hint better raised but you may differ.
      The drivers were recently refoamed by Atilla and also the crossovers have just been upgraded by Atilla aswell. So they're good to go for another 15 years!  
      They project a big, very focussed and dimensional sound with a large sound stage and are dynamic and rich. You might think the bass would be a bit weak from a smaller enclosure but you'd be wrong - its certainly there (the wonders of a 12" driver).
      A great Chrissy present for yourself.

• By d_caruso
      Item: Tannoy Revolution XT6F floorstanding speakers - dark walnut
      Price: $1100 now $890 for a quick sale
      Item Condition: Unmarked and as new (but run in of course). 
      Reason for selling: upgraded
      Payment Method: Pickup in PERTH (SOR) only - Cash, Paypal, bank transfer
      Extra Info: I bought these new about 3 years ago, but they’ve had very little use. They’ve been used to play vinyl at family friendly listening levels and powered (easily) by a 20ish watt SET amp. The rave reviews you’ll find by googling are all true IMO. I think this one is spot on: https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt6f/review. The soundstage, accuracy and timing of the drivers are amazing, I reckon. So taken am I with the dual concentric concept I splurged on the new Tannoy Cheviots, so these are sitting unused and need to go.
      Donation to SN on sale.

• By CorzaMoon
      Item: Precision 6P Passive Monitor speaker
      Price: $500 O.N.O
      Item Condition: Used. Excellent.
      Reason for selling: No longer needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash or Delivery - Paypal
      Extra Info:
      For sale 2 Tannoy Precision 6P speakers in excellent condition.
      Designed in the UK. 6" dual concentric driver, super tweeter, backfacing bass port. 120w max power handling. The sound is amazing, with plenty of realistic detailing.
      Small screw holes at the base from previous owner, but overall in beautiful physical and working condition. No issues with any of the drivers. Well looked after.