A gentle one to kick it off, I love this guy - ever the optimist, I don't think he's ever found a turntable that isn't worth a minimum of $250... That said, he's got near 2k trades and 100% Feedback so I guess someone's buying... O.o

https://trademe.co.nz/1407306718

I think he's reasonable imo. I love the old gear he's selling. Brings back a couple of memories of my Fathers old prolab system. I used to break his needle on his technics TT every other Saturday morning. Guess that's what happens when a 5 year old can reach these things.o.O

Infact I was gifted that system at 17,  so my wife can blame my Father for a life time of  music.

3 hours ago, Mr Pinkeyes Ver1.2 said:

I think he's reasonable imo. I love the old gear he's selling. Brings back a couple of memories of my Fathers old prolab system. I used to break his needle on his technics TT every other Saturday morning. Guess that's what happens when a 5 year old can reach these things.o.O

Infact I was gifted that system at 17,  so my wife can blame my Father for a life time of  music.

A story I would guess many of us can relate to. Mine is similar :)

Man, in my early teens I used to pull boxes and boxes of those out of skips and the landfill. Seemed a veritable goldmine then, but look at what the humble cassette is worth now!? ?

But I'll see your cassettes and raise you this... Ummmm... Thing...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1423583247

lolol

DIGITAL but only analogue inputs.

are those tubes just for looks or functional ?

who bought it ?

xD

Edited by Michael Wong

Guest brunoaudio
On 9/28/2017 at 7:52 PM, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

Man, in my early teens I used to pull boxes and boxes of those out of skips and the landfill. Seemed a veritable goldmine then, but look at what the humble cassette is worth now!? ?

But I'll see your cassettes and raise you this... Ummmm... Thing...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1423583247

around 2007 to 2013 there was something called the white van speaker scam were a guy in a van would say something along the lings of "i need this gear gone or im going to get in truble with my boss" he then will show you a flyer with all the inpresive specs and they will say that thay are made in germany and things like that he will almost trap you into buying one and you can not get out with out buying one when you get home the qulity is uter rubish. 

dont fall for scams like that thanks for reading.

Bruno

The old white van scam, still going strong in Australia today.

Poor victims often turn up on StereoNET (AU) forums asking if their speakers are actually any good (generally because they sound bad) ... only to discover they've been had :(