Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Johnny Heathen

5000 Kamahl Records Or A Stack O' Gold?

Now me, I'm half baked enough that if I were still in Wellington I'd cross my fingers, hitch up my trailer and throw $500 at this - but what do you think? Op-shop rejects or buried treasure?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instruments/vinyl/lps-33-rpm/other/auction-754138345.htm

Note, what look like old Real Groovy price index stickers on the top of the stack - but are these albums representative or cleverly placed?

Oh you bitter cynic! ...must confess, that was my best guess too. I'd still do it though - I love the thrill of the hunt.

Here's my two cents.

If you were just starting out buying vinyl it might be worth it but if you are someone who has been buying or collecting for a while (years) it would be waste of time and money.

Looks like junk. Around 6,000+ there I reckon. If you can afford to throw away a handful of dollars, may be worth some entertainment.

I should perhaps clarify, I have absolutely no intention of going after this - I'm well aware of what it is - but I'd still love the dig! The highs, the lows, the bitter disappointment. More bitter disappointment than anything else - but fun nonetheless... ;)

Yep def Real Groovy sale tags. If I recall there was not much interesting left in the crates before they closed