Samsung Plasma Fault Diagnosis

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has seen this fault with a plasma TV before. It random and intermittent. It can take between 10 min and 1 hr to start doing it. Please refer to images to see what happens. Turning TV off and back on or even cycling thru the input selection can fix it but only temorarily. If anyone has any idea if its worth fixing or is it a throw away your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for your response ARIKIP. This happens on HDMI and Component inputs. I haven't tried the others as I don't have a composite or VGA source. Devices and cables have all been changed but same problem. All devices and cables are now working on new TV without fault.

Hi Nigel, thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure the fault is with the TV. I've had this problem on HDMI, VGA and Component from different devices, all of which work beautifully on the new TV. The screen shots are from the XBOX 360 but I could show you the same issue whilst connected to the DVD player, or the laptop.

Regards

Ian

If it is out of warranty, I'd check with Samsung who is a recommended TV repair outfit in your area, show them an image of the fault(maybe send them an email). They might have seen it before.

I seem to remember some images on the world wide wonderland, a few years back, but I can't remember the result. I blame my memory lapse on my quake insurance brain.