Vinyl comeback??!!

Actually, the main reason most people just don't get vinyl ( and never did ) is because they have never heard a really good vinyl set-up.Most people equate vinyl with a scratchy little "record player " they heard way back.

People are just absolutely gobsmacked when I play them a good 180gm vinyl on my system.

Vinylhead;191853 wrote:
Actually, the main reason most people just don't get vinyl ( and never did ) is because they have never heard a really good vinyl set-up.Most people equate vinyl with a scratchy little "record player " they heard way back.

People are just absolutely gobsmacked when I play them a good 180gm vinyl on my system.

Actually most people haven't heard a good setup full stop. They would be equally as gobsmacked by a good digital setup rather than the crappy cd or MP3 players they have been used to.

People just don't know, do they? And yet they notice it and like it when they hear it... I had a house full of people last week and the most unlikely folk were wowed by my sound and driven to comment more than once on it... My father in law has been spending a great deal of time on my couch of late too, I've noticed. Undecided if that's a good thing or not...

I get sick of headlines screaming about the so called "come-back" of vinyl, the bloody thing never went away, just those too damned lazy to enjoy the stuff and would rather stick some plastic plugs into their ears to listen to nothing but compressed crap all day long and become not only socially inept but lose sight(sound) totally of any type of sound that maybe called quality.

But I'm just a grumpy bugga.

Actually for those of us old enough to remember: Vinyl didn't just go away,it virtually disappeared overnight. I well remember that period of going into Radar records to buy a record and all the new stuff only being out on CD. Happened pretty much overnight so it seemed at the time. For me Vinyl didn't really resurface until the advent of the internet, as even the overseas stores I used to purchase from (Cob records et al), went very quickly over to CD.

Well I'm thrilled it supposedly "went away". When vinyl hid behind the bushes it enabled me to grab an excellent cheap t/t and the best bits of record collections formerly belonging to the digitally-enamoured. :D

Oh, to relive those golden smash-and-grab opportunities of the mid-'90s!

DD

Daddy Dom;191898 wrote:
Well I'm thrilled it supposedly "went away". When vinyl hid behind the bushes it enabled me to grab an excellent cheap t/t and the best bits of record collections formerly belonging to the digitally-enamoured.
:D

DD

Yes, new Bowie and VU etc lps for $2 at Hamilton HMV!

Daddy Dom;191898 wrote:
Well I'm thrilled it supposedly "went away". When vinyl hid behind the bushes it enabled me to grab an excellent cheap t/t and the best bits of record collections formerly belonging to the digitally-enamoured.
:D

DD

Couldn't have said it better myself DD ;) ....