Sign in to follow this  
kayonemusic

Hi from Dubai

Greetings fellow Audiophiles great to be here and looking forward to making some new friends:)

My current System is ATC 50ASL PRO's,Mac mini,ATC SIA2-150 Amplifier and Macbook Pro im thinking of switching the ATC 50 PRO'S and Getting a pair of PMC IB2'S OR MB2'S with Bryston Amp's..

Anyone here a ATC OR PMC Fan?

Welcome K1, you'll find quite a few fans of those here I believe. Enjoy your stay!

Waaaaaaaay over there! I'd love to come and see some of that awesome new architecture.

I wonder if you can sneak into the top floor of that really tall one.

Guest Willow

G'day Dubai , hope you track down the PMC , ATC fans kayone , they are here I'm sure of it.

Enjoy.

Greetings from Down Under, K1.

I have family over there in the UAE, in Dubai itself.

You're guaranteed a great time here at SNA.

Johnnydarko and vmhf are PMC fans as I recall.

Can't say I'm aware of any ATC owners though.

Regards,

Russ.

Welcome to our forum kayeonemusic. I am ideed a PMC fan. I bought a pair of GB1is last year and I love them dearly. Work beautifully with my Cayin valve amp. Good luck with your speaker hunting. What are the hifi stores like in Dubai? I am suspecting there would be some pretty outrageous gear there, given the money thats around.

Guest yamaha_man

G'day K1, was staying in Dubai whilst working in Jabel Ali a couple of years ago. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Greetings from Down Under, K1.

I have family over there in the UAE, in Dubai itself.

You're guaranteed a great time here at SNA.

Johnnydarko and vmhf are PMC fans as I recall.

Can't say I'm aware of any ATC owners though.

Regards,

Russ.

Hey Russ thanks for the welcome

G'day K1, was staying in Dubai whilst working in Jabel Ali a couple of years ago. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks yamaha man,yeh Jabel Ali is a awesome place to stay next time your here let me know i have a few friends that work over in The Burj Al Arab so should be able to get you a fantastic rate ; )

Welcome to our forum kayeonemusic. I am ideed a PMC fan. I bought a pair of GB1is last year and I love them dearly. Work beautifully with my Cayin valve amp. Good luck with your speaker hunting. What are the hifi stores like in Dubai? I am suspecting there would be some pretty outrageous gear there, given the money thats around.

Thanks Bunyip,the Hifi stores in Dubai are extremely overpriced but very flash,theres a new one just opened in Wafi Market called "Audissey" which do listening sessions by appointment only they stock hi end audio and alot of huge floor standing speakers..ATC have just started distribution in the middle east a company called "Royal Audio" are their distributors out here..Looks like ATC are going for the Middle east market....I have a demo booked on a pair of "ATC SCM 150 Anniversary Towers" next week so defiantly looking forward to that..i'll keep you guy's posted ; )

Waaaaaaaay over there! I'd love to come and see some of that awesome new architecture.

I wonder if you can sneak into the top floor of that really tall one.

Hey Ki A if your referring to the "Burj Khalifa" it's worth sneaking in just to see the view from the top...Amazing!!

Welcome kayonemusic. Nice to see someone from Dubai at the forum.

Hey Ki A if your referring to the "Burj Khalifa" it's worth sneaking in just to see the view from the top...Amazing!!

Is the Burj Khalifa up and running and ready for occupancy yet? I followed its construction and official opening with great interest but there has been little publicity lately.

Welcome to the forum.

Am out for a speaker hunt to replace my ATC SCM 11, and most probably i will fly down to Dubai and audition some sets, initially Dynaudio and Monitor Audio, am looking also to audition PMC GB1i, does anyone knows if there's any shops that stocks these speakers in Dubai or UAE?

Hi Kayonemusic. Welcome to the forum. First place I check into when overseas even before close family and friends!

By chance in a few weeks time I stop over in Dubai airport for 7 hours waiting for a connecting flight! Will have to visit you and hear your system;)

Btw as Russ says, am a big fan of both PMC and ATC. Have heard your amp as well. One of the speakers on the top of my list is the ATC iB2. Sublime sounding.

I am actually a fan of both PMC and ATC, I own both of them at the moment, very different breeds but they're both fantastic in their own ways, it comes down to your system and music preference  

Greetings from Kuwait

Yes PMC and ATC are very good.  I had a demo in B’lore with PMC 25:26 . Quite Amazing... Me too looking for a floor stander for my Accuphase E470 amp. Tannoy Turnberry GR is my new craze.  Any thoughts :) 

pradeepgt@hotmail.com

regards

pg