Rotel RB06 and RC06 power/pre amp

So I'm finally getting around to what should have been done months ago. Having gotten the rotel RB-1070 to replace the RB06 I can finally chuck these on trademe.

The preamp has been mostly unused for several years apart from the period it took me to get the valve pre into its chassis. Not sure why, but it always made sense to me to sell them as a pair once I made a power amp upgrade.

Having done this, I need to free up some capital to invest in the front end.

Condition is good, as stated on trademe; the preamp is in perfect nick. Power amp has some smudging on the front fascia and top. These amps were well loved but never thrashed, volume at no stage higher than half way. Usual listening volume is around 7-10 o'clock.

In another thread you spoke of splitting up systems if you seriously want to sell them.

Would I have been better to split the two up?

I have never sold audio gear on trademe before since this is the first gear to have been upgraded on and therefore find itself surplus.

DuncanV;178272 wrote:
In another thread you spoke of splitting up systems if you seriously want to sell them.

Would I have been better to split the two up?

I have never sold audio gear on trademe before since this is the first gear to have been upgraded on and therefore find itself surplus.

I think I agree with chopper in this case. Those are meant to go together I think. The separates in the other auction I was talking about are much more expensive and I can't see any reason why they should stay together.

I ended up getting $500 for the pair.

Given that I paid $1500 for the pair back in late 2007, does that seem like a fair price after 5 years depreciation?

Having never sold audio gear before im not sure what sort of resell value to expect.