Sign in to follow this  
Tias1553552752

McIntosh MC1000 Mono Blocks

I love McIntosh.

Those mono blocks would suit me.

It's going against convention but I reckon they'd sound great with a Naim front end.

Very low start prices on very expensive mono-blocks & speakers- new trader- maybe Im just being too cynical?

11thNAMR;174833 wrote:
Very low start prices on very expensive mono-blocks & speakers- new trader- maybe Im just being too cynical?

Nah - surely the buyer will want to inspect. Maybe someone who intends to jettison the accound without paying hundreds in success fees.

Jeez - that's a cynical outlook. I had never thought of doing that :D

Any cynical thoughts aside potentially the mono's and Wilson's could be sold for $11K. Risky strategy, although probably safe.

No shortage of room treatments for the Wilson's.

Bet the Wilsons sound fantastic - but I'd always be worried the centre flap would burst open and a couple of lazer guns would start crackin' at me.

got tinnitus;174832 wrote:
I love McIntosh.

Those mono blocks would suit me.

It's going against convention but I reckon they'd sound great with a Naim front end.

Those amplifiers might teach those Scala's a bit about power :P I suspect you might get some as yet unheard bass extension and control!

I remember some Wilsons ( not sure if it was the MAXX's ) being driven on some VTL Siegfrieds, and a top end Wadia ( 4 box? ) source, which Paul Quilter bought into the country. So I am assuming he bought the Wilsons in also, as the Wilson/VTL/Wadia setup was his show piece.

I heard a pair of Watt Puppy's at the Listening Post a few years ago driven by VTL and Wadia but I'm sure it was just a single box CDP - very nice it was too.

"I have a weird attraction to McIntosh stuff. doesn't everything look better with a blue (LED) light?"

MC1000's have normal light blubs (that blow all the time!) with blue gel filters behind the meters. Audio Classics sell LED Conversion kits for some older models but this doesnt include the MC1000 at this time.

They sell 2nd hand MC1000's for $4,199 USD EACH! So thats about $10,000 NZD a pair. $4k start is very low reserve.

DodgyConnection;174878 wrote:
Who sold Wilson Maxx speakers in NZ?

There's no indication on TM that these or the Macs are NZ new ?

Probably imports.

Michael Wong;174891 wrote:
There's no indication on TM that these or the Macs are NZ new ?

Probably imports.

yep - the room treatments and lounge interior have an American feel to them too...

Dare I say it, I would definitely go and inspect these before handing over any money. Even the auction finishing time is a bit questionable... 6:40am... Decor definitely looks American, and just way way way too cheap for what he is offering. And a new trader with no feedback or history.

neil;174894 wrote:
Dare I say it, I would definitely go and inspect these before handing over any money. Even the auction finishing time is a bit questionable... 6:40am... Decor definitely looks American, and just way way way too cheap for what he is offering. And a new trader with no feedback or history.

And the dude won't answer his questions! Maybe he is shell shocked from too much 'bass slam'

hmmm 7K start price on a 68K USD speaker no history & not answering questions - looks about as dodgy as an auction could possibly look. Apologise to the seller involved he is just a very very brave man offering a deal :cool:

neil;174894 wrote:

Agreed -newby and way too cheap - and 5 unanswered questions to date.

His name is "Edoprimo".

And he has a nice set of Wilson's at a bargain price too - and free shipping !

Buyer beware.