Sign in to follow this  
bigburner

Wilco – The Whole Love (2011)

A couple of years ago I decided that Wilco was the best band playing today. I fell in love with their “Sky Blue Sky” album and their performance at the Byron Bay Blues Festival was a transformational experience for me.

This new album affirms my faith in Wilco. “The Whole Love” is edgy, original, cohesive, gentle, driving, intelligent and moving. I have run out of adjectives.

Bravo!

Nigel.

Attached files 156782=7121-Wilco - The Whole Love.jpg

Just listening to it for the first time here.

Sounds great thus far to these ears - which is good news as to me the last one was a bit of a dud following on from a string of pearls.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe CD + LP bundle form their webstore in July but i'm still waiting for it to arrive. I did however receive me mp3 download the night so it is loaded into iTunes and have had a listen at work and first impressions are very good. Like you I genuinely rate them and have done since 'Being There'.

Personally I loved the last album, I know some didn't and dismissed it for not pushing any boundaries but I feel that was kind of the point and the songs on it are very strong - with 'One Wing' and 'Bull Black Nova' being particular highlights. It defnitely stands up to repeated listens.