Sign in to follow this  
chopper30

Overpriced? What about this?

ARIKIP;155493 wrote:
LOL Im tempted to drop that quote onto his auction just to make his life a little more exciting Bwahahahaha.

I've met the man a couple of times. Probably not worth putting that in the auction. He wouldn't understand, even if he could read the bigger words.

Ah, there's bigger/better things in life to waste time on, huh?

Like chinwagging over vintage Japanese hifi :)

I never warmed to cd immediately and found the early discs and players to leave me cold.Really enjoyed my turntable better.Now its much closer with cd taking the lead with availability ,cost,and sound .

Owen Y;155503 wrote:
Ah, there's bigger/better things in life to waste time on, huh?

Like chinwagging over vintage Japanese hifi
:)

Ah, so true.

My father in law left me his Pioneer Elite PD-65 player, and it sounds great. He didnt use it much, and only had half a dozen CDs. It gives my A3 CD/A3.24 combo a run for its money all by its lonesome. I must try it with the DAC...

Indeed Owen. Having a large shelf full of old "silverware" is all well and good, but it's best enjoyed with friends.

My first 'serious' CDP was a Sony X555ES and it was extremely good – however, following a long series of house moving exercises, the normally very reliable laser began to play up and I quickly discovered that it was apparently manufactured from that rare substance generally known as 'unobtanium.' Alas, the Sony's remains were unceremoniously binned during the obligatory clear-out prior to yet another house move.

Oh shame, no one managed to salvage all those Muse caps & heavy copper plate ...& depleted unobtainium :D

Damn you! I could have used those spares. A lot going through the work room at the moment.

Wow. My dad had one of those in the kitchen for as long as I remember, talk about nostalgia. Replaced it with a Bose Wave of all things.

I had a Sony CDP X5000. Quite a beautiful machine, top loading, puck and billet alloy. I regret selling it and don't think I got the best from it with I/C's etc.