Drool, Drool

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having come across a number of auctions on trademe by this particular seller I would suggest he has a pretty good feel for the second hand market and prices accordingly. You certainly won't get a bargain but you won't be shafted either - probably priced just above fair market value.

In terms of current bidding, maybe a little over half way to reserve would be my guess...

Know what your saying. Mind you retail price in other areas is different. Got a brand new Denon Dl-304 for $565 NZD landed 2 weeks back - someone was selling a second hand one for $800 odd on trade me not so long back.

The other Benz is for approx $1200 USD new, which is what ummm at 0.8 = $1500 NZD.

Good deals coming out of the US and europe because of the economic situation.

Actually a Benz Micro wood SL is US$1599 which at todays exchange rate and including GST is $2240, so the local retail of $2299 is right on the money with everywhere else in the world as it was meant to be. When the exchange rate drops back and the US$ gains some ground it will still be $2299, and who is going to lose out, not the customer thats for sure...

Yup but "with everywhere else in the world as it was meant to be" is not so any more.

People in the US always said they paid market price - and they did. However with the way things are now a Benz is selling new on ebay for USD 1260 negotiable.

Which would be at current devaluation $1600 worst case.

So you're suggesting you wouldn't get a discount if you asked locally? 2Juki has one offs, not constant stock also no overheads... man its the same old discussion... support local or there will be NO local...

Can someone please explain to me why, for example, bidder martynf, in the space of five mins, decided to bid from $755 to $850? I cant understand why someone would want to bid against themselves!??!

For that matter jaapjess upped their own bid in the course of a day, without bids in between. What gives? If one was cynical one might suspect friends were bidding on behalf of the seller. The again, maybe not.

I have seen this happen before, and just cannot explain why people would bid against themselves. Can anyone please explain?

luigi;155246 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why, for example, bidder martynf, in the space of five mins, decided to bid from $755 to $850? I cant understand why someone would want to bid against themselves!??!

For that matter jaapjess upped their own bid in the course of a day, without bids in between. What gives? If one was cynical one might suspect friends were bidding on behalf of the seller. The again, maybe not.

I have seen this happen before, and just cannot explain why people would bid against themselves. Can anyone please explain?

Someone else comes in and puts in an auto-bid in of $850 (or just bids the next available amount). The current bid-holder has an auto-bid of that or more. Trademe shows the leap in price but retains the bid of the current holder, as having the lead. Either that or martynf, tried to create an auto-bid up to $850 and forgot to tick the auto-bid box!

The leap to $1000 from $850 (with CWT in the lead) suggest there are auto-bids going on.

:)

Hi Neil,

Just seen 2Juki - he has 2 for sale. Interesting USD640 plus 25 freight = NZD841 landed.

Sometimes he does a 3 day turn round. Don't know how he does it . The Denons were 10 off.

Beside that, don't some NZ dealers only do JIT from the importer - don't hold stock themselves.

All for supporting local, but a bucks a buck these days.

Be interesting to see if it sells - good on him if it does.

Just like the tannoy 636's I got last year for around $320 this year selling for $410.

All depends on what people wish to pay in the end.

Be interesting to see what the reserve is.

I have this same model cart in my system. It is a pretty nice cart and I have been very happy with it. Load it above 100.

IMHO - paying ~65% MSRP locally for a slightly used item is a pretty good deal. I would have done that if I could have - but when I traded my previous L2 with a bad suspension, there wasnt a local dealer.

gortnipper;155250 wrote:
And 2Juki, while being a good guy, isnt an authorized dealer so support could be problematic.

How is that problematic? There are a lot of sellers in trademe that does parallel import, and they dont have problems providing support. Moreover, how much problems can you get with a cartridge?

I think I said $2299, not $2999!! I must have been using an old pricelist! ;)

Which actually makes my origial comment all the more strong. We get a damn good deal on these carts compared to the RRP overseas! What a kind and benevolent distributor!!!:P

I actually enjoy acupuncture!

Now that is an interesting read about Mr 2Juki.

He has 4500 odd positive comments and is a top rated seller on flea bay with a 99.6% satisfaction score.

The Denons I got from him all factory sealed.

Interesting read though - he has started another shop on flea bay for cartridges only.

Mr 2Juki I have gleaned from various web sites - where he advertises - not only ebay, and various other forums where he has been commented on - is a wheeler and dealer verging sometimes into parallel imports - sometimes buying in bulk like comet supply in the states - who also offer really low pricing (delivery slow) - but having a respected delivery of 7 days around the world from Hong Kong. He is not an agent for any brands just wheels and deals the best price and passes it on. Given that some of his deals are very low would point to legal parallel imports (Grey market activity) not condoned by manufactures. So he buys cheap from one area and sells at a reduced profit somewhere else. I think NZ allows some parallel importing which compete against recognised agents etc by a named shop found in many areas of NZ. He is respected for his prompt and what you buy is what you get. He sells allot of TT parts etc via his ebay store.

Still one wonders how he derives a profit - suppose rapid turn over - like a grocery shop.